Sign in to follow this  

Neck brace + chest protector set up?

Hey I just wanted to get some of your opinions on neck brace + chest protector combos. Right now I have the EVS RC Evolution neck brace and a Thor chest protector that is like 8 years old. Im thinking about getting a new chest protector but also maybe thinking about leatt or alpinstar neck brace as well? The EVS its kind of bulky and I can move my neck but unitll a certain point as well as it moves my head up slightly. Also it does have what I guess you can call "wings" that go across your sholders a bit so the chest protector must go on after the neck brace and on top. Im not unhappy with the EVS brace but it looks lke the Leatt and AStars ones are thinner and and looks like you may have more mobility. So Im just wondering what your opinions and set ups are? if you wear the chest protector under the jersey or not?

THANKS! :smirk:

Edited by Factory Black MX

I wear an Alpinestars Carbon BNS with a Fox Proframe chest protector. I put the neck brace on first, then when putting the Proframe on I just make sure the backside of it goes underneath the back lip of the brace and the front then slides down and tucks perfectly underneath the red part of the brace.

i wear my tld leatt with my sixsixone rogue underroost. works great and feels great to me! one of the fre it's worked with for my size, im only 5'2 so i dont have a ton of movement with it on to start with, having the underroost with it and the cut out on the chest helps me!

I have a leatt neck brace with a leatt chest protector as well, both are pretty comfortable and i have great mobility as well. I put the chest protector on first and the then the neck brace and it just they sync real well together.

I wear a padded Mission Thorax hockey shirt and the new EVS R4 neck brace. My son wears the same padded shirt with a Leatt. Before that he used an EVS Evolution neck brace.

I have the Alpinestars bionic brace and tried it with both Thor and Fox chest protectors and for me it just doesn't fit right. I really like the Leatt brace and protector combo. It fits perfectly and I'll be buying that next.

I have a leatt neck brace and chest protector.... best thing i could have ever done. extremely comfortable! and would highly recemend it to everyone. they go together perfectly!

Leatt for neck and a thor sentinal chest protector. The neck brace fits right in the thor perfectly. Very good movement too

Leatt for neck and a thor sentinal chest protector. The neck brace fits right in the thor perfectly. Very good movement too

That combo only works for very skinny riders.

FYI, if you already have a chest protector it's fairly easy to convert the shoulder cups to straps, and make it Leatt compatible. I did this 5 years ago with my MSR chest protector and now many companies, including Leatt, Troy Lee and Fox have copied my original design with their own strap systems.

This works so well that after 5 years, I'm still using it.

leatt016.jpg

Edited by CamP

I have the Leatt TLD Neck Brace and the TLD CP5955 Chest Protector. These integrate together perfectly, by design. There is a front piece on the chest protector that is meant to be removed for the Leatt and remains in place when not using a brace. The chest protector fits perfectly in the side slots of the brace so they both feel like one unit, the brace sits againts your body like it is supposed to, and it is very comfortable.

That combo only works for very skinny riders.

Yeah I am like 5"10 140 Lbs lol

Just bought a Leatt Club 3 and been using a 10 year old fox chest protector (CP). At first the CP wouldn't fit but luckily I bought a version that can be adjusted (front and back). So I moved the front and back pegs on the CP to the last holes and now the CP fits over the Leatt perfectly. I put on the Leatt first then CP from back to front.

Just make sure what ever CP you buy it can be adjusted, then you'll be fine. Done 2 rides with the Leatt so far and didn't notice it at all. Very happy with my purchase (other than it was $360).