Sign in to follow this  

how many hours

how many hours does everybody get from the 2009 - 2012 trail riding moderate to fast speeds?

You should be safe with regular oil and air filter changes to go 100 + hours until a recommended piston! And maybe cam chain as well.

.. hours-running time, not mileage. This can obviously vary on how you ride (hard, easy).

I have put some hours on my 2010. It must have over 25 HS races plus countless practice hours. I raced FTR in FL at a B class pace all last year. Still starts and runs great i have been thinking of putting a piston in it thou.

I would guess i have over 200 hours on it.

I have put some hours on my 2010. It must have over 25 HS races plus countless practice hours. I raced FTR in FL at a B class pace all last year. Still starts and runs great i have been thinking of putting a piston in it thou.

I would guess i have over 200 hours on it.

hey ridered308.. our FTR events are a tad harder on the bikes than you might think. Lots of deep sand, some fast wide open field sections, etc. I would definatly be considering a piston soon.. :smirk: I have found that years of just riding at Croom, even fast on the tighter trails, was not wearing engines like the harescrambles racing is. Especially this past weekends race at Brighton. Open field WFO for awhile, 2nd gear WFT from turn to turn in some of the tighter stuff, etc. 2.9gal tank and i had 7oz of fuel left completing 4 laps in 1hr:57min

Edited by MELK-MAN

Stock tank I would say in the range of 1.5hr before you are going to start to worry if you not near the truck! LOL

hey ridered308.. our FTR events are a tad harder on the bikes than you might think. Lots of deep sand, some fast wide open field sections, etc. I would definatly be considering a piston soon.. :smirk: I have found that years of just riding at Croom, even fast on the tighter trails, was not wearing engines like the harescrambles racing is. Especially this past weekends race at Brighton. Open field WFO for awhile, 2nd gear WFT from turn to turn in some of the tighter stuff, etc. 2.9gal tank and i had 7oz of fuel left completing 4 laps in 1hr:57min

That is the truth about some fast wide open racing down there. That was a good race i heard last weekend. It is killing me, I moved up to IL with work and the weather blows up there. The racing is a lot of fun up here tight flowing with real hills.

I could get 30 to 35 miles on a stock tank.

That is the truth about some fast wide open racing down there. That was a good race i heard last weekend. It is killing me, I moved up to IL with work and the weather blows up there. The racing is a lot of fun up here tight flowing with real hills.

I could get 30 to 35 miles on a stock tank.

my buddy Darrin Morgan of "Team Flannel" does enduro stuff in IL (im from there originally, LeRoy, IL..between Bloomington and Champaign). I miss the real DIRT there, we just have sand down here :smirk:

Edited by MELK-MAN