Sign in to follow this  

1996 yz125 noob

Whats up guys! I've been on these forums before, but only in the four stroke section. I just recently traded my 2003 xr50 pit bike, which i bought for $764, for a 1996 yz125 with a fresh top end, radiator guards, fmf gold series, and a pro circuit silencer. I just wanted to introduce myself in the 2-moke forums. Also, is there anything really important i should know about the bike. And, is there an online manual for the bike ( not necessarily the service manual, but the regular manual).

Replace top ends frequently at a specific interval, and read up on jetting. When you think you know enough about jetting, read some more. Do those two things and you will be very happy with your bullet proof YZ.

i would just download the service manual, its a great reference for everything about your bike....tuning, maintnance, and rebulding...

Where is this service manual we can download?

i can't quite remember where i found it but i can try to send you mine if you want, its in like four diffeent languages but still works good

The maintenance is not very complicated on them. Just make sure the oil in your tranny is'nt black, mix the gas at around 32:1 or 40:1. replace the piston when the engine doesn't sound as healthy as it should and you will live happily ever after. But jetting is a big deal also, so pay attention to your spark plug color which should be cardboard brown after you get done with YOUR typical ride