Sign in to follow this  

2003 cr250 what flywheel weight

hey im looking to buy a fly wheel weight and i ride all trails, some wider and many tight technical trails.. im at a toss up between the 8 and 10oz. any ideas? i would like it to still be somwhat snappy but would also like to give it a little extra bottom end power and help prefent some wheel spin and stalling. also overall i am a decentlyfast rider in the woods. and im getting a steahly flywheel weight. so 8 or 10? thanks

Even with a 12oz you will still be snappy, and you can tractor tight stuff without clutching so much. It will still open wide up as well. Between the two I'd say go with the 10..

I usually ride some tight, technical trails and I'm planning on going with a 12oz myself.

so a 10 oz would still be snappy? also should i go up 2 teeth on the back sproket or leave it stock

If your bike is stock and you are setting it up for trail riding, there are a handful of mods to go along with the flywheel weight and adjusting your gearing. There are some very good threads on this topic if you search for em.

• Like 1

my bike is not stock. got a skid plate, handgaurds, oversized tank, fmf turbine core 2, kehin carb, jd jet kit, v force 3 reeds, ported, shaved head, softened suspension. now im thinking 10oz flywheel weight and 2 larger on the rear sproket

alright. i will order the 10oz the.. considering the bike is going to be stirictly for trails..but would the 10oz be a bit too much when im riding more open trails which i do some of too?

alright. i will order the 10oz the.. considering the bike is going to be stirictly for trails..but would the 10oz be a bit too much when im riding more open trails which i do some of too?

Slip clutch and apply more throttle. :smirk:

what year is your CR ?

When i was building my 01 which is a 265 now i went from a 10 and 12. If you go up on rear sprocket size it will make the bike feel more snappy. so i would go for the 12.

I have my bike geared 13/50 with the 12 oz weight and it jugs from the basement. if you go more than 12 it has a tendency to fall on it's face if you fall off the pipe. I ride in the low torque zone and short shift, but i ride single track.

2003 cr250.. so a 10oz would be a good starting place? i ride it on the pipe all the time. even in most trails