Sign in to follow this  

Question About Excess Oil Leak From Oil Overflow Hose And Breather Hole On Side Of Motor

I have an excess oil leak from the over flow hose and the breather hole on side of motor. It seems to leak the most when i hit mid to high RPM. I have heard a couple different things but havent got to much info. Has anyone had similar problems, or know what it could possibly be?

Thanks!

Yeah I thought that to but that's not the problem. I have changed the oil a few times with the right amount and it's still squirtin.

It would help if you specified the bike. If your bike is a 4 stroke (I assume it is), it most likely indicates a crankcase pressure problem caused by poor ring sealing. Do (or have done) compression and leak down test NOW, while your motor is still running--something really bad (and expensive) my be on the horizon. If your bike is a 2 stroke, they generally have one or more breather hoses for the powervalve area, and some oil drooling is normal (but it is all black and sooty).

this may sound stupid, but when i first got my bike i didnt know there were 2 drain bolts, (came off a yz125) so there will be some left over oil and then there will be too much. my oil turned white and shot out the crankcase breather..i thought i had a leak but it was just mixing with air--sounds like you have too much oil..try draining both.

dont go by the sight glass because it is not accurate.

and this is the 250F forum, so you dont really need to specify if its a 4 stroke. change your oil filter and put 1.35L of oil in.