Sign in to follow this  

Rear Shock Height For DR350S

Hey everyone. I posted a thing about my linkage. Don't bother with that. Today my Dad decided to tell me he screwed up on the thinking process and realized it would only lift the center of the bike. I am looking for a stiffer/higher rear shock. I am wondering if anyone knows the exact measurement between the center of the two bolt holes on a 1993 DR350S. I will search on Google and whatnot so there might be an edit on this post soon. I haven't emailed or talked to Kientech yet, but I assume that it what most of the replies will say. I am going to search on Ebay for shocks, but I wanted to know if there is any other year DR that would have a stiffer/taller rear shock. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT- I just looked on Google and found that the 93 has 11.4" of ground clearance and the 98 has 12.2" of clearance. Would this be a sign that the shock is taller on the 98? If so would it even fit my bike being 5 years newer?

Edited by DR350S93

All DR350 year shocks will fit. If you have the S model, it probably has a softer shock than the dirt only models, causing it to sag a lot more.

All DR350 year shocks will fit. If you have the S model, it probably has a softer shock than the dirt only models, causing it to sag a lot more.

Yes it is a S model and I assumed the from the start. So would any year dirt model shock fit? I know dirt model shocks are stiffer.

Yes, any year dirt model shock will fit. The dirt only also has adjustable compression and rebound damping, it's a pretty common upgrade for the S model. In 1998/1999, the S model had the same suspension as the off-road model, including the cartridge front forks.

Yes, any year dirt model shock will fit. The dirt only also has adjustable compression and rebound damping, it's a pretty common upgrade for the S model. In 1998/1999, the S model had the same suspension as the off-road model, including the cartridge front forks.

Sweet. I guess I will be searching for a newer S model or even a dirt model. I need something with the compression/rebound settings and also something a little stiffer. Thanks.