Sign in to follow this  

Quadzilla

I'm gonna ask this here as well the ATV forum , but my neighbor has recently purchased an 87 Quadzilla and will only run with the choke on , guessing its the crank seals as it smokes pretty heavy even after its warmed up ,also when he drained the gear box the oil was milky looking, maybe bad impeller shaft and seals ?, . Any thoughts ?Carb has been gone through, but bike was sitting for several years before he bought it .

yup...both of your reasons are def. quadzilla problems...87's can be money pits, but they also are the hardest hitting engines with the large intake..if u ever have questions PM me...i went through a super big suzuki 2 stroke quad phase and spend a bunch of money and did a ton of research...

have him also go on quadracerhq.com lots of info there.

this was my jp racing 250r geometry outlaw framed lt250r/500r...full dr.q engine...pro trax front end...

(the guy that bought it from me is selling it too, if interested!)

P4250002.jpg

Thanks 800 , will do that as he gets more into it , he bought this as a first bike and showed up at my place and said what do ya think ? So he will get an education in both rebuilding and riding something that is way over his head . Gorgeous bike btw.

PM...skully on quadracerhq.com....tell him u know brian(800screws)...he will help u out alot!

yeah....it was cool, but 2 wheels are def. better! once the kid started riding bikes, i got rid of all 4 wheels...didnt want him to be swayed to the dark side! i still ride yellow!

here's the 250 version i built...all lonestar componets..lrd 265 kit.....

jpoutlawnewpipe001.jpg

that 500 is sick!!! makes me want my 89 TRX 250r back i shoulda never got rid of it i loved it in the dunes but i cant complain about my 06 LTR 450