Sign in to follow this  

school me on the difference between 00 and 01 rm250.

other than the 00 having the waterpump inside the cases, whats the difference between these 2 year bikes? anything major? looking at getting an 00 for around 1k(as my own) and am currently riding a 01 rm250(that im borrowing).

thanks for the help!

2 pounds lighter, The frame has been completely redesigned with a focus on greater rigidity as well as improved geometry, shorter and more compact, two-piece power valve replacing the one-piece exhaust valve and machined side exhaust valves, produces greater torque with a flatter curve than before, while the horsepower chart sees gains from the beginning and makes peak power earlier, the engine is also shorter and more compact. Part of this is due to moving the water pump from the front right inside the cases to externally, just in front of the clutch cover. That helps reduce front-to-back length by nearly an inch,

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/suzuki/2001-suzuki-rm250-16414.html

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I been ridin' a 2000 for several years, and I love it.

If i wasn't so cheap, I'd get an '04-newer. A guy I ride with used to have an '01, and everything about it was just a bit smoother.

One reason the older bike stays with me is the power, it does have a bunch, If I can hang onto it, we can go over, thru, or up almost anything!

Maybe someday the 2 stroke bikes will be back in production and the newer ones will have the same power, but smoother?

Thats the concensus opinion on '01 and newer Zook RM 250, especially '04- '07.

The 01 got the newer plastics also. then in 2002 they got tapered swingarms (at least the 125s did) after that, im not sure, i just know i hated my 2001 rm125. it didnt even handle as good as my 2001 yz250, but the 125 was a roacher, im pretty sure it got raced hard and often by an A class rider for 5 years and then got the shit beat out of it by a hick in a corn feild who rode 1st gear pinned everywhere and superglued the powervalve shut