Sign in to follow this  

Washington Wa. trying Real hard to start an Income Tax

House bill 2744 trying to change B&O tax to income tax for corporations.

SB6548 Imposing an income tax on high earners 500K+ or 1 million for Joint, that will start it, then they will just keep lowering it, you know how they work. They just don't give up do they?

Were all slaves to the government, they will create taxes, you will pay it, you will like it and ask for more!

Or we could all revolt against the present government! :lol::bonk::smirk:

The only way to end this is to actually elect people who will CUT SPENDING. Instead of the politicians feeding all of their pet projects about "green energy", "mass transit", "public health", "education", "public art" and every other pile-o-crap that these shysters want, if they only spent money for the basic functions of government then we would have an annua surplus of money in the accounts.

Police, Fire, Roads, and Basic Education (K through 12 only!) is where money should be spent IMHO. Every other program should be dismantled and turned back over to local jurisdictions.

Oh - and anyone who thinks that they will keep it isolated to the "High Earners" just know this, when New York and New Jersey raised their income taxes on "High Earners", their overall tax collections went down. Seemed that the "High Earners" just packed up and moved to lower tax jurisdictions. What was the state's answer, raise taxes on everyone else. Cutting spending never even occured to them. Go figure.

• Like 3

Ah come on..we all know the biggest issue of the day is queer marriage not a broke out of control state. Besides, Someones got to pay for all those illegals benifits. Highest gas taxes in nation, tolls everywhere soon, broken clogged roads. Bloated buracracy with obsene pensions. Crazy property taxes and pathetic schools. More more more. We deserve it though. We reelected gargoil. I personally love paying so many taxes and being a slave dont you?

• Like 1

Those poor "rich" people just can't catch a break, can they ?

Oregon passed similar legislation in 2010, and there was a mass exodus of wealth heading north across the river.

Apparently all them rich people, and their jobs, aren't welcome in Washington either.

Edited by SlowSpokes
  • Like 1

Those poor "rich" people just can't catch a break, can they ?

Oregon passed similar legislation in 2010, and there was a mass exodus of wealth heading north across the river.

Apparently all them rich people, and their jobs, aren't welcome in Washington either.

I guess if it passes that means land in Idaho will go up in vale faster than normal. My friend helped another drive a uhaul from denver o Sacramento and I guess all they saw was moving van after moving van after moving van leaving Cal and none going thier same direction. At the end of the drive they wanted to turn around. A mass exodus is happening in Ca and its not being reported at all. Of course we now getting Californias policy on a national level so I have to wonder what riding is like in Canada.

I guess if it passes that means land in Idaho will go up in vale faster than normal. My friend helped another drive a uhaul from denver o Sacramento and I guess all they saw was moving van after moving van after moving van leaving Cal and none going thier same direction. At the end of the drive they wanted to turn around. A mass exodus is happening in Ca and its not being reported at all. Of course we now getting Californias policy on a national level so I have to wonder what riding is like in Canada.

Things would be so much easier if we could just relocate all the citizens of Seattle, and Portland, to California. They would have all the politics and entitlements that they so desire. Hell, we can even throw in a bunch of illegals, to help them maintain their Utopia.

There are still a few Western States that have a good business climate, in no particular order. Nevada, Wyoming, Arizona, Idaho, and Montana. Most of AZ has four seasons like Eastern WA and mountain riding, plus the desert areas. Nevada has thousands of acres of BLM land with lots of elevation changes. Plated DBs are common in NV and AZ.

Nevada has no income tax. AZ taxes and cost of living are much lower than WA.

Don't expect Washington to ever elect a conservative political base. Our state is controled by the voters West of the Cascade mountain range because of the dense population center located there. Western Washington is predominantly liberal in their mind set (pine cone eatering tree huggers). I can say that cause I was born and raised in Western Washington. Spent the first 2/3 of my life there. I now live in Eastern Washington which has a predominantly conservative voting base but is always overruled by the Western Washington voters. I had only lived in Eastern Washington for about 5 years when I decided Eastern Washington needed to be a separate state if we were ever to be fairly represented. I then learned that politicians in Eastern Washington have actually toyed with that idea but nothing ever done to move in that direction. So we in Washington are doomed to live under the intolerant oppressive rule of the Western half of the state. Everything will remain the same and eventually they will force upon us a state tax. Eastern Washington is constantly being invaded with folks from the West side of the Cascades who bring their liberal politics with them. Eventually Eastern Washington will be predominiately liberal in it's voting base. Doom and gloom but whats a guy to do? :smirk:

The data isn't supporting a "conservative base" spends any less than a "liberal base".

The biggest problem with income taxes is that there are not enough rich people to tax. Every projection I have looked at is always optimistic.

Every projection says basically the same thing.

If you have 10 people who make a $1 million a year, and tax them at 50%, then the state will reap $5 million a year. So the state plans on how to spend that "extra" $5 million and creates a bunch of programs that need that money as their only source of funding.

The only problem is that 9 of those 10 people will move away and not be subject to that tax. So the state really reaps $500,000 and goes to the electorate and tells them that tax revenue is down and that they need more new taxes. So they create another bunch of user fees and expand the tax base by lowering the level at which the income tax starts. Then more people move away, or stop working, or start hiding as much income as possible.

Until the electorate on a local, state and national level learn very simple economics, and also learn that the government needs to take in $1.50 to spend $1 (hey, they got overhead you know), and that there is nothing in life that is "free" (somebody, somewhere is paying for those freebies), then we will continue to get the same crap that has been in overdrive since the 1960s.

If Washington were to enact a state income tax, that will be my hint to pickup stakes, sell my home and move somewhere else.

• Like 1

you forgot the part where the state hires consultants to figure out what items will generate revenue if they threaten the electorate with cutting them. They claim that they cannot fund roads, police, and snow removal. Protecting funding for non essential services that folks would have no issue cutting otherwise.

This will never change. We have a one party system, with two seperate names.

...................................................................... I decided Eastern Washington needed to be a separate state if we were ever to be fairly represented. I then learned that politicians in Eastern Washington have actually toyed with that idea but nothing ever done to move in that direction. So we in Washington are doomed to live under the intolerant oppressive rule of the Western half of the state. ? :smirk:

Central and EasternOregon have the same issues and sentiments, they are dominated by the "wet siders" , Maybe the "dry side" of both states should get together.

Oregon increased the marginal income tax rate to something like 10 or 11% and then the predictable happened; next year the number of top bracket tax payers declined much more than the percentage of tax increase, the result was a reduction of tax revenue from the top bracket.

The problem is a spending problem not a revenue problem; starve the beast.

• Like 1

Central and EasternOregon have the same issues and sentiments, they are dominated by the "wet siders" , Maybe the "dry side" of both states should get together.

Hey now.....don't be lumping all of us "wet siders" in with all them wackos in Portland. There is plenty of normal folk over here.

Problem is we need more tax payers, not taxes. Everything they are doing is discouraging creating new tax payers

Hey now.....don't be lumping all of us "wet siders" in with all them wackos in Portland. There is plenty of normal folk over here.

The normal wetsiders are in a major minority class. If they were not we would be able to topple the liberal regime in power right now. The vote would not have even been close to remove the Queen. Ah, but sadly the pine cone eaters dominate the wet side. I know many normal people live on the wet side because I ride with many of them.

Edited by Old_Man_Time

The data isn't supporting a "conservative base" spends any less than a "liberal base".

The biggest problem with income taxes is that there are not enough rich people to tax. Every projection I have looked at is always optimistic.

If you mean republicans by "conservative base" you may be right but I am talking about folks who are conservative in their thinking and really do want smaller government. As far as having data to prove that conservatives spend as much as liberals in Washington state you have no statistics. It is a liberal state and I can't remember when a true conservative was in office. But then I am a child of the 50s so there is a lot of history I was not here to experience or old enough to appreciate.

There are still a few Western States that have a good business climate, in no particular order. Nevada, Wyoming, Arizona, Idaho, and Montana. Most of AZ has four seasons like Eastern WA and mountain riding, plus the desert areas. Nevada has thousands of acres of BLM land with lots of elevation changes. Plated DBs are common in NV and AZ.

Nevada has no income tax. AZ taxes and cost of living are much lower than WA.

Nevada one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and one of the leading states for foreclosures. Not much of a business climate.

Utah was recently reated as one of the ten best (near the top of that 10 too) business climate states. Nevada, bottom.

maybe if we didnt pay all of our fake money in taxes toward interest to a private bank that prints money out of nothing we could get somewhere.