Sign in to follow this  

This thread is built in the U.S. A., damn it!

I'm wanting to put bearings, skid plates, graphics, tires, a new top end, etc. on my KTyamazukisakiberg and I can't seem to figure out who makes their products stateside. If I have to explain why I care, well, I will. But I'd rather spend my time choking the haters/questioners out. So, that being said, let's see a list of companies who build their goodies right here in the good 'ol USA.

• Like 1

Kinda Ironic since about 99 percent of the people on this website are riding bikes not made in America

True True. But I'd still rather spend my hundred bones on X-product that is made in the U.S. vs the other 4 options that are made in China or India. I'm just trying to figure out what my options are. Does Moose, MSR., Pivot Works, All Balls, make their stuff here or just make it seem like they do? Its important to me to know, and when looking through magazine ads or the Parts Unlimited book at my local shop ( yes, I buy at my local shop and not online) I wanna know where this stuff comes from.

I agree. I wanna have a list. That whole American made house component list video was impressive.

Edited by Slackkinhard

fI we had a list here of US made Products on a sticky thread, I'd try to shop from it. Maybe TT can get it started.

It is going to be easy to find some stuff that is manufactured here in the USA, but there are other things that are going to be more difficult. FMF makes pipes in the usa, I assume that is the same with pro-circuit. Enduro Engineering makes stuff in the USA (Right here in the good ole mitten), Sicass racing makes stuff in the usa (Michigan also). Steahley I believe makes the flywheel weights in the usa, rekluse makes their clutches in the usa (I'm pretty sure, but not positive). The question is that are they manufacturing these products from US materials? The other thing that kinda sucks is that it is going to be VERY hard to find someone that manufactures electronics here in the usa, since the chinese can make it cheaper and ship them here for a better price than american labor. I don't have any issues with paying a couple of extra dollars if it means that I am buying something that is supporting american workers (hell, I'm in skilled trades myself).

• Like 1

It is going to be easy to find some stuff that is manufactured here in the USA, but there are other things that are going to be more difficult. FMF makes pipes in the usa, I assume that is the same with pro-circuit. Enduro Engineering makes stuff in the USA (Right here in the good ole mitten), Sicass racing makes stuff in the usa (Michigan also). Steahley I believe makes the flywheel weights in the usa, rekluse makes their clutches in the usa (I'm pretty sure, but not positive). The question is that are they manufacturing these products from US materials? The other thing that kinda sucks is that it is going to be VERY hard to find someone that manufactures electronics here in the usa, since the chinese can make it cheaper and ship them here for a better price than american labor. I don't have any issues with paying a couple of extra dollars if it means that I am buying something that is supporting american workers (hell, I'm in skilled trades myself).

I agree with everything you say, and I think if the Company/Product is labeled properly on the list, it will allow us to understand who and how we are supporting. It will also identify opportunities for American manufacturers. This is Win-Win....I think it can be done.

Edited by Slackkinhard

When I was a kid there was an episode of Then Came Bronson where he had knobbies on his Sportster, the thing went pretty good off road. You just can't get much better than a Harley. Seriously, I do agree with your philosophy, a sticky list would be good.

Here's some USA moto products:

www.seatconcepts.com Send them your seat and it comes back real comfy.... All made in U.S.A

www.giantloopmoto.com They make almost indestructible soft saddle, tank bags etc.... All made in U.S.A

www.syclbatt.com They sell Ballistic Ultralight Lithium Batteries.... All made in U.S.A

Once a part has been shipped to the USA, it is just as generic as the parts made in USA unless it is owned and fully manufactured here. Many companies outsource a lot example FORD, GMC or whoever we call these companies "American Made'' Vehicles but just because they are built here doesnt mean the components came from here .. another example Just because FMF builds their pipes here doesnt mean there packing comes from USA. (it might just making a point) If FMF or anyone else has a Forign division and production is down/up here they will outsource the rest of their needs based on the higher powers in what ever company that may be. Granite i am all for American made parts and jobs, anymore its hard to find though

Edited by Ridewhenithurts

What better incentive than making the information available? If ya ask me, hiding those facts from us allows the Zero-Sum financial sector to grow fat at the expense of us all...they add nothing to the quality of the product...if anything, it's the other way around. Lose-Lose

Information is power

Edited by Slackkinhard

Dirt Tricks makes their sprockets in USA. Excellent quality, although I think the chains come from Italy.

But hey, buy from Canada too if you can find anything MX made up here.

Dirt Tricks makes their sprockets in USA. Excellent quality, although I think the chains come from Italy.

But hey, buy from Canada too if you can find anything MX made up here.

I know Scorpion Racing is proudly Canuck

Nobody said it would be easy to do a list. Or even if its always 100% accurate, but it would be better than nothing. There is probably an item or two that is NOT made anywhere in the US. Thats fine, as long as we know....

(OK, Sure, include our neighbors to the north)

Edited by motoxvet
  • Like 1

i was trying to make this point the other day when some guy lost his bike when a strap broke.When i asked where the strap was made usa or china he proudly answered back tha tthe straps where a quality name brand made in mexico. I am tired of second rate junk that needs thrown away and replaced over and over again.So whats cheaper ppl buying an item once at a higher price or replacing it many times.The chinese seem to be making a fortune on us americans buying the same item over and over again. Before i get ridiculed for riding a jap bike the japanese build a good quality products , the germans do a wonderfull job building quality along with many other countries .Every time i buy something chinese it seems to fall apart in one way or another.it seems we are building there country as ours is falling apart.I think if people would start looking at where things are made, and buy quality instead of quanity not only would our country start to be an industrial leader again,there would be alot less landfill,in wich is better for everyone.maybe im all wet