Sign in to follow this  

Magura Hydraulic Clutch

Think I'm going to order the Magura Hydraulic today for my '06 CFR450R. Do I need to buy the bleeder kit? I would think that it would come as a sealed assembly and already be full of fluid, free of air bubbles, but of course tech support at every place I've called don't know the answer. I read on here somewhere that mineral oil from the local pharmacy is the same thing as the "Magura Blood" fluid, that true? Do i need the syringe and all that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I heard that the Magura fluid is just nothing more than mineral oil, dyed to their favorite color. As far as bleeding it in, can i just pour it in from the top with the bleeder open till i get good fluid? Then close the bleeder and pump and drain just like a car's brakes?

Buy mineral oil from a drug store.

The best way to bleed one of these units (due to to the incredibly low volume of fluid used) is with a large syringe (25cc or so) and piece of hose at the bleeder. Watch the master and suck out four or five syringe fulls

They do come prebled and ready to go. DO NOT operate the lever until the slave is attached.

rude n crude method is to open bleeder while gas cap breather tube (or some other small diameter vent hose) and suck on the end like siphoning gas with a hose. Make sure master doesnt run dry, and spit....dont swallow!

rude n crude method is to open bleeder while gas cap breather tube (or some other small diameter vent hose) and suck on the end like siphoning gas with a hose. Make sure master doesnt run dry, and spit....dont swallow!
f

For years now I have been telling her the complete opposite

for years now I've been begging for EITHER!

For years now I have been telling her the complete opposite