Sign in to follow this  

98 CR250 Forks and Shocks problems

Hi,

I have a 98 CR250 and I have a problem with my forks and rear suspension. The front forks were too stiff that I think it didn't work, it didn't go down as much as it should. The rear suspension was moving too fast and to soft, I haven't ridden my bike for 4 months and last time I rode, it has these issue. So, should I get a new rebuild kit for both or replace the new one?

And I have another question about the rear suspension, what is the small tank with the valve of the suspension for? Is that for air bleeder ?

Thank you

380794_2439864602881_1439774547_31847072_866560743_n.jpg

This is what happen to my bike, I tried on a small hill about 2 feet and when I landed, it looks like that

Edited by ducanh2410

that dosen't look too good! the schrader valve you are talking about is to fill the shock with nitrogen, not an air bleeder. it looks as if the shocks in a bad way and needs a rebuild. as for the front, it may just be that the back is that soft it's putting no weight bias on the front making them feel harsh. i think if it was me i would not want to ride the bike like that, it looks dangerous. if you are going to keep the bike i would invest in a full service front and back and make sure the front forks are installed parallel. search fork alighnment.

Oh no, I pressed the valve and it became like that, So I need to fill it in with nitrogen? How much is enough for that? I live in Vietnam so to get a new bike is hard for me if I don't want to say it is impossible.