Sign in to follow this  

2008 TE250 vs. 2012 TE310

Well it looks like my little 2008 TE250 will be gone this Saturday. I am looking to replace it with a 2012 TE310. How is the low end torque on the x-lite motors compared to the old red head? Longer stroke but these new x-lite motors needs to rev compared to the older models.I am expecting better low end coming from a 250 but much??

All I can tell you is (because I have very limited experience on the old model 250/310 for comparison). The 2011 TE310 in derestricted config race mode map 1, easily pulls my tank arse up every AA rock pile/nutty extreme stuff that my 450 did with no issue and with no crazy clutch slipping or high rpm silliness. The X-Lite 310 is really an amazing platform. And I really believe its miles above the old model in all performance levels, the freaking platform just posted WEC championships (in E1 and E2), its very solid. It does not disappoint, trust me I ride very ugly stuff and its all ready bringing big smiles to me.

I too have a MY11 TE310 and I strongly agree with what Robertaccio said. I have no issues at all with torque, and I came off a DRZ400. For a small displacement race bike it's got a pretty forgiving engine. Even when I rev way out it's smooth as a sewing machine. Big smiles.

Anyone installed the 12 port injector and the ECU?

Kawasaki 12 port injector went in yesterday, no ECU or pipe, I have a JD Kit

I've got a 11 te310 & came from a '08 txc250, the bikes are worlds apart, the x-light is so responsive, if anything I think there is to much bottom end way more than say a exc350. I do miss the top end of the 250 though, if in trouble you'd spool it to the limiter in 2nd & it would unleash hell ( controllable ). The 310 is more like 3rd gear lower revs & unleash a fury of torque ( which I struggle to control ).

My favourite upgrades are Shorai Battery, better shielding on the positive lead to the battery, JD kit ( it's totally derestricted as well ).

Go ahead and slag me , everyone is so hung up on tuning these things mine has the dB-S/A plug out, OEM 2011 TE310 ECU,OEM injector, derestricted race mode, map 1, pump premium (Shell).

The thing rips, if you ride it like a race bike there are no weird spots to be found. Just ride these things they work great, the harder its ridden the better it works, dont over think it, just ride the crap out of it (oh and change the oil alot).

ANother of our crew has the 2010 TXC250, OEM ECU, OEM injector, FMF pipe he rides it like a 125cc 2 stroke the thing flat rips. If you casually ride these F1 style engines ....... just ride them hard and use full race maintenance schedules for the motor and chassis you will not be disappointed even with the OEM equipment. This chassis motor combo is the best enduro xc package from Husky in many years and its WEC world champion trophies show that. R

The champions were not on stock equipment (injector, ECU, pipe). I don't always ride at race pace and this for many causes issues. I ride more trail, slower tight sections and like to have more torque for my next bike. Cannot just gear down as I do road riding to get to the trails. I demo a KTM350exc-f and it was a nice bike with a great motor. However it really only wanted to be ridden fast otherwise the handling and motor (stock form) didn't inspire confidence.

Edited by weantright

The champions were not on stock equipment (injector, ECU, pipe). I don't always ride at race pace and this for many causes issues. I ride more trail, slower tight sections and like to have more torque for my next bike. Cannot just gear down as I do road riding to get to the trails. I demo a KTM350exc-f and it was a nice bike with a great motor. However it really only wanted to be ridden fast otherwise the handling and motor (stock form) didn't inspire confidence.

The wide ratio gear box on the 350 is nicer, My 310 is 12/52, which is ok, but past 50mph it's buzzing. It's manageable in tight bush.

Stock gearing on the TE250 worked great for the tight stuff and on the road up to 60 mph. The larger motor should be better as well as the slightly different gears. With the KTM, gear box and revy motor is only thing about the bike I liked. Never felt good on a KTM and the newer 350's didn't change my thinking. Nice bike but doesn't fit me or my riding style.

Edited by weantright