Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Oakland Pits Were The Pits

Wondering if the other Supercross races this season have also had the pits changed up... At Oakland last week we had to go wait in a special line to turn in our pit passes or Monster Energy drink cans in order to get a special pass to go through the gate to go inside the Coliseum, then get another pass in order to come back in for the main event later since our ticket was scanned also..

Then you have to walk half way around the Coliseum in order to access the one entrance to the pits and they were packed even early on, almost like they made them smaller this year. We even got there early to try and beat the crowds. (Been doing this Venue for years at Pac Bell & last year at Oakland)

Then when we were leaving we were told since you went in the pits, you must enter the main event by 6:00 or you will not be let in! At 6:01 you will not be let in they tell us and had huge signs posted everywhere. Guess its to curb people staying out in the parking lot and to buy concessions..

Oakland was the same exact way last year. Just the way they run it I guess.

At Anaheim, you have to have a Monster can as well to get a pass,use to be able to buy a pass, but that is more expensive anyway. And they gave you a stamp to get in and out.

Not letting folks back in after 6:00 PM is new though and pretty F'd up IMO...

Hoping they (the promoters) pull their heads out of their ass and move the race to Candlestick in the future. Knobody likes having to drive through the "hood" anyway to get to a race. Granted freeway access is much better at Oakland but they need to weigh the pro's and con's..... At Oakland, the facility treats you like your Raider fan scum. Guess thats what their use to dealing with though. They should know the difference though when people are not coming dressed and painted up like clown thugs!

I got a pit pass this year with my ticket that I bought at the local dealership. Although when I went to go in the pits they didn't even ask to see it. I told my buddy heck we didn't even need a pit pass to get in.

Last year we went in and out of the pits through the parking lot, way easier.. Didn't help that only half if the concession stands were open too..