Sign in to follow this  

hot rods crank bearings ?

I just ordered a falicon rod and am getting it pressed in to an OEM crank, Are the hotrods bearings good for OEM cranks ?

Are there any other bearings i should/need to replace while im inside the engine ?

Thanks

I just ordered a falicon rod and am getting it pressed in to an OEM crank, Are the hotrods bearings good for OEM cranks ?

Are there any other bearings i should/need to replace while im inside the engine ?

Thanks

What are you hoping to achieve with this setup?

You still have the weakest part of the stock crank, being the lower cage and thrust washers on your now very expensive crank.

The OEM bearing is what fails 99.9% of the time, not the rod.

What are you hoping to achieve with this setup?

You still have the weakest part of the stock crank, being the lower cage and thrust washers on your now very expensive crank.

The OEM bearing is what fails 99.9% of the time, not the rod.

I'm not trying to achieve anything but the elimination of a rod snapping, There has been too many pictures posted on here of what happens when a rod snaps and i think it is better to buy a better rod for $100 more rather than risk spend a few thousand on a new engine...

There is going to be no OEM bearing in there, I bought the falicon kit from XR's only which claims to have a different "pin and bearing kit"

" we make use of exclusive components, particularly the high-performance bearing, which we developed through our legendary race team. And no one else can get their hands on it. It's all ours "

Edited by XXxxXXxx