Sign in to follow this  

homemade bed extenders

You mignt want to check out craigslist first. They go for less than the materials would cost to make one around here.

i'd buy one if i could find one on craigs ist. i'm not going to pay $225 for some bent aluminum tubing and plastic when i can make one for about 50 bucks! i've got a ton of scrap steel sitting in the shop, enough to make a simple one atleast!

i'd buy one if i could find one on craigs ist. i'm not going to pay $225 for some bent aluminum tubing and plastic when i can make one for about 50 bucks! i've got a ton of scrap steel sitting in the shop, enough to make a simple one atleast!

If you look at them the way the work is they clip into the locks for where your tail gate secures to when you put it up. Thats probably going to be your hardest part to make.

i started laying it out with some random pvc pipe and some wood blocks just for a general idea,

should i do a spot or two for the tire to slide into so the bike doesn't tire to wander at all? orr sugguestions?

I made one completely out of PVC tubing (2" I think) and it worked great! I held it in with a tie down that went thru it and hooked into hooks in the bed. it worked great until it littered I-75 one day. Should have made a better attachment....