Sign in to follow this  

08 high comp piston in 06?

hey guys im rebuilding my motor and i was looking into putting a weiseco high comp piston kit in it, my bike is a 06, i was wondering if the 14.1 high comp piston would work well in a 06? my biggest concern is will it run on pump gas? any info or opinions woudl be great!

To my knowledge it was a 13:5:1 piston and people seem to run the 2008 piston with no issues on pump gas i plan on doing the same on my 2006 when i tear it down.

To my knowledge it was a 13:5:1 piston and people seem to run the 2008 piston with no issues on pump gas i plan on doing the same on my 2006 when i tear it down.

the stocker is 12.5.1, i can get a 13.5.1 from weisico too, and yes i did have a 08 stock piston with the 13.5.1 compression and i noticed a little more trottle response,it ran great with pump gas, id like to put a weiseco high comp piston for the 08 in my 06, id like the 14.1 option, im just a little concerned that its a little too high and i might need some race fuel which i dont want, also is there any other mods that would need to be done?

wow i seem to remember putting this in the forum faq about 4 years ago

4 years ago is alot of digging back, and im not talking about putting a 08 stock piston ni my 06, i want to put a 08 high comp weisco piston in my bike, im sure it will work but im just wondering if it will work on pump gas

Dont waste your money on the Weisco piston. Buy an 08 OEM piston. Its 13.5:1 and probably a lot cheaper than the Weisco piston. I have nothing against Weisco but the stock 08 piston is just as good and is usually a lot cheaper. Going to a higher compression piston is not always a power advantage especially if the rest of the engine is stock. I dont really think you will be gaining anything by going to 14.1 instead of the 13.5:1 piston. You may even lose some power. I used to do the 08 piston swaps for the 06 and 07's all the time and you can definitly feel the pop a bit more. And you can still run it on pump gas. Just my .02 :smirk:

Edited by Charlie755

4 years ago is alot of digging back, and im not talking about putting a 08 stock piston ni my 06, i want to put a 08 high comp weisco piston in my bike, im sure it will work but im just wondering if it will work on pump gas

the forum faq is a sticky at the top of the forum. there is no digging back. it has been there (as a sticky at the top) for almost 8 years now. that's why it is there.