Sign in to follow this  

Any Advice is Appreciated

I recently purchased a stk 05 klx 110. Upon purchase i quickly realized in need a carb clean, after removing the carb to soak it over night, i replaced the float needle as well as the main and pilot jet, a process ive performed with no trouble on various other 250f's. I also replaced the throttle cable and got everything back together. After toping it off with some fresh gas I went to start it. It started 3rd kick with the choke and idled fine once i took it off. However when i rev the bike in neutral it seems to skip and spit, almost like water is in the fuel. I took everything back apart made sure I hadent over looked something, and everything was in order. Again once back together the unit started fine, but continuted to spit and not rev up like it should. I rode it around the yard and thourghout all the gears it spit and not rev out. Also the bike does not pull very well. Any ideas?

Note: piror to cleaning the carb the bike ran ok. better than it does not..though i had to nurse it up to speed in each gear, once i was on top it seemed to run like a champ.

Did someone mess with the carb before you bought it? Maybe the reason they sold it is because they messed with it and couldn't get it running right. I mean, you can buy a stock carb on eBay or planetminis for $20, should almost pick one of those up, slap it on and see what happens...