Front end diving low off jumps

Why is it that my front end always tries to fall down when im in the air? When I go off a jump I hold the gas and let off right before I leave the ground, and when I try to hold the gas in the air my front end will get way to high. Any help is greatly appreciated!

the bike itself going nose down isnt really the problem. What ive noticed is when the bike leaves the jump let the front end go down and the back end come up, while keeping your body in the same position. It all comes down to being loose of the bike.

It sounds counter productive but you need to get farther forward on the bike when you're taking off. I'm assuming (with no video or pictures) you're trying to counter the front end diving by sitting farther back which is actually pre-loading the shock more and taking the pre-load off of the front forks. This makes the shock rebound hard and push the front end down. You should be standing, gripping with your knees, slightly forward, with your chest about even with the gascap to pre-load the forks and shock evenly. This should result in a nice even flight; it works for me every time. If even this doesn't help, you need to look into your bike setup.

• 1 month later...

You shouldn't let off the gas until your in the air, or if you need to let off do it before you get to the face of the jump. You said you always go nose high when you do this but that is because you are leaning to far back. Lean farther forward and stay on the gas and you will get it. Takes some time to figure it out but once you find that perfect leaning point you'll be set. Also remember you can always lower the front end with the brake, you cant raise the front end.(maybe slightly with the throttle just not much)

Indeed. Position on the bike including bar position in association to how tall you are and the suspension has to be setup right. Learn about suspension setup and really get it dialed. I had mine done by a VERY well known tuner and all last year struggled on jumps and when I changed tuners I found out the forks were soft enough for the woods and the rebound was light causing a nose down flight. Now the bike flys level and is stable.