Sign in to follow this  

Adapter for VM24 carb

I installed a vm24 on our ttr125 and it doesnt seem to fit in the carb to cylinder manifold. The stock carb is also slightly shorter so it is very likely that this will pop out or leak unfiltered air. I saw somewhere on here that there was a sleave that would make it fit correctly. Does anyone have info on this?

I made a 3/16 adapter for mine and started a thread about it. I have another but it's a 1/4 " thick but would probably work too. Nothing high tech but it has worked fine for 6 months. Just used on off the shelf o-ring from work. Stock airboot on engine side has it's own o-ring and seals against adapter and the one on the adapter goes against cylinder

DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

Edited by hodgkins

what is the benefit to the vm24?

are you guys looking for more power after mods, or does it make it easier to start?

no and yes. the stocker is a turd. the choke plug can seize in the carb it's hard to jet. plus with the vm24 it can accomodate hop ups and big bore kits more easily. I tried fooling with the stock one and just spent the $89 online and it made my life so much easier.