Sign in to follow this  

Utah Coming to Moab for a Week. Give me your recommendations

First time to Moab, We are headed down at the end of April. give me your recommendations guys

Edited by VinnyL28
  • Like 1

I recommend going into the BLM office and asking why there is 50 miles of non motorized singletrack for every one mile of moto legal singletrack.

and Milts for burgers, red rock cafe for killer bagel and lochs!

See pinned thread up top, "Moab info look here...". It's all good. If you search and read past threads, it all gets recommended.

The only singletrack in the area is Sovereign area, otherwise it's all jeep roads and all about the scenery. Be warned, pay attention to the ratings on jeep roads if any in the group are less than "B" level riders.

Ohio guy here, but here's my $.02 since I've gone out there to ride two seperate weeks.

As no2tracks said, check the sticky thread that's all about Moab. It's all about Moab. It lists trails based on skill level.

Also, feel free to check the ride reports and slide shows I posted back in Oct 2011 and Oct 2010.

I'd say spend a morning on Slick Rock trail / Hells Revenge. It's easy, but unlike anything else you've ridden. Lunch and Milts then ride Porcupine Rim trail out and back.

Sovereign, Salt Wash and other trails in the area would make a good day.

Gemini Bridges to Gold Bar Rim to Porcupine Rim trails for a third day.

Buy a Latitude 40 maps before you go to plan it all out.

I'd ride with me. :bonk::smirk:

The Moab 101 post by Rodzilla is great. Moab east and west Lat. 40 maps and you're set. I am usually looking for folks to ride with though, and I'm more than happy to point you in the right direction if I can't ride with you.

Enduro-ince is way off on the ST mileage, on the La Sal District of the Manti-La Sal NF it's 150 miles of non-motorized ST (but all open to mnt. bikes) to ZERO miles of motorized ST. :lol: To be fair to the Moab district BLM there are hundreds of miles of ST within the Field office boundaries, but much of the ST very close to Moab is mtn. bike only in very sustainable areas for motos as well.

Oh yeah- 15 cent wings Mon-Wed 4-6 pm @ the brewery (looking at 5 bucks for 15 wings and a pint)....Stay away from McStiffs from what I've heard.

Edited by mylsmkj

Don't ride with myls......until he changes his chain and sockets!

BTW tom and tyk, wanna ride tomorrow if the weather is decent? Buzz me if you do. J

Don't ride with myls......until he changes his chain and sockets!

BTW tom and tyk, wanna ride tomorrow if the weather is decent? Buzz me if you do. J

Wish I could Jeff, but it just keeps snowing and snowing up here..(snowing right now actually)....so work is crazy, but soon...

You should have seen tiko's rear tire before he (I) changed it. It looked like a street tire which I thought would work ok on sandy slickrock but it turns out that having 50lbs of pressure in it doesn't help.

I'd recommend riding with myslmyk. He guided us to some great trails a couple years ago. Maybe have him show you the trails out by WhiteWash. That's one area where the trails are not that well marked and far from the nearest road, so it would be good to have a knowledable local.

Food: Fiesta Mexican, The Brewery, Milts, Moab Diner, La Hacienda.

Let us know your trail type interests, bikes, and abilitites. I'd be happy to link up with you and show you around one day. There are some classic trails that you can ride unguided, and other trails that would be hard to follow. I can't garantee I'll be in town that weekend but it's probable.

I'll ride anything that doesn't require a plate and have about an 75 mile range on my xc. Jeff