Sign in to follow this  

Help finding correct pipe

I have a 2009, 200 exc and was looking to get a pro circuit platinum 2 for it, but I cant seem to find one that is specifically listed to fit my bike. The pro circuit website only has pipes from '00 to '06 for the exc and sx, then only a pipe for the '10 xcw.

Does anyone know if pro circuit makes pipes for the 200 after 2007, if so will the 2009 xc or xcw be the same as the exc? Is there somewhere to compare changes to the frame for each year?

My local dealer & pro circuit importer seem to have no clue and I don't want to buy something that does not fit.

2010 exc/xcw are the same thing. The 2010 pipe will work!

FMF seems to have a gnarly for the 2006-2009 200, but a different part number for 2010+ though, also the dealer I went to said that the hard parts also listed the same thing, so is that a different pipe for mounting differences or for other reasons?

The mounts haven't changed, but the stinger diameter got bigger in the last year or two, i think.

I know the 08 and 09 are the same and i ran a stock 08 pipe on my 05 bike, so i think you will be good with any pipe made for your year or older back to the early 2k's anyway.

I have an 03-04 SX Fatty pipe on my 2008 200XC. Stinger was 3/8" too long so I cut it down. Fits good.

You should be able to use any year 200 pipe you want. Get the muffler with it, same year and that should make sure it works. I've got a pile of mufflers in the garage from all kinds of years. Heck I even have an old 250 FMF sparky I used for the Virginia City GP with a Fatty pipe. The newest frames I am not sure about. I know the stinger length on the 125's changed but as far as I know stinger length is the same on the 200's. The outer diameter of the stinger is 28mm.

Joe........

DSCN9890.JPG

Edited by JoeMcLaughlin

Joe, just an FYI, i bought a gnarly for a 2000-3 model and the mounts don't line my 08. Plus, the stinger was a smaller diameter then expanded out to mate to the silencer. Had to sell it cuz i couldn't lake it work.

Interesting. The stinger length and diameter would not be an issue if buying the same year muffler along with the pipe but the mounts on the pipe being different would be an issue. Now I'm wondering, gota go look at some parts drawings;)

Joe.......

I see one issue. The first mount closest to the exhaust flange is much higher on the newer frames.

Joe........02503030.gif085230310.gif

I didn't have issue with the first mount. My issue was with the 2nd. I could hook everything up but that one. With a bracket, I could have made it work, but it leaked like crazy where the stinger narrowed down, spewing spooge everywhere.

But, lining that first up may have been the reason nothing else really worked.

I don't happen to have an older 200 pipe but I do have a 2002 125 pipe. I pulled it off the shelf and set it beside a 2007 125 pipe. The 2002 has a longer chamber and the stinger is considerably longer making the second mount farther back. While the parts diagrams make the front mount look different they look about the same on the pipes I have. The 200 pipes should share the same traits because the frames interchange. Looks like 03 to 04 was the change. Between 2007 and 2009 should be a direct bolt on with no mount changes.

Joe..........

Edited by JoeMcLaughlin