Sign in to follow this  

Y'all probably know this but there will be no more slant motors. Basically rebadged KTM in the future.

I did not know this.... Thats has both it's possitives and negatives I think.

Negatives:

1st) I like the 70 degree slanted motor. One thing I have noticed in the wet, slimy and icey stuff is that having the motor slanted seams to deliver better power to the rear wheel. Not sure why but perhaps it is due to the angle of the piston being directed rearward rather than up and down???

2nd) It reaaly makes the front end a lot lighter. I find in the tight gnarly stuff on the trails it is a lot easier (for me) to maneuver through stuff with the light front end. I know some guys dont like it, but I do.

3rd) Having the slanted motor allows for more ground clearance with the frame.

4th) It set's the bike apart from anything else out there!

Positives:

1st) If it's the same as the KTM motor on the XCW then parts will be a lot more available.(Not that they aren't now though).

2nd) Perhaps "easier" for oil to flow through the motor???

3rd) Easier to work on? (Although I admit to knowing NOTHING about working on a FI bike, give me a 2T motor anyday please!)

4th)..............Well, can't think of anything else!

I've heard the rumor, I'm still hopeful they don't terminate the Husaberg line. Which is basically what they are doing by rebadging KTMs. I guess it makes sense financially to produce one product than swithing back and forth with the same assembly line. I think this 70 degree engine is a great design and I think it performs as advertised with improved handling and ground clearence. These are tough times for bike manufactures, so I can understand but I don't agree. It is nice to have the build quality of KTM but still have the choice of two different philosophies in technology. I think if the economy improves (hopefully), KTM will regret their decision when they lose more market space to Beta, Gas Gas, and TM, all of which are showing growth in the US.

Maybe they will revive the Husaberg line again when they come up with another unique advancement in design.

Just my 2 cents

I've heard the rumor, I'm still hopeful they don't terminate the Husaberg line. Which is basically what they are doing by rebadging KTMs. I guess it makes sense financially to produce one product than swithing back and forth with the same assembly line. I think this 70 degree engine is a great design and I think it performs as advertised with improved handling and ground clearence. These are tough times for bike manufactures, so I can understand but I don't agree. It is nice to have the build quality of KTM but still have the choice of two different philosophies in technology. I think if the economy improves (hopefully), KTM will regret their decision when they lose more market space to Beta, Gas Gas, and TM, all of which are showing growth in the US.

Maybe they will revive the Husaberg line again when they come up with another unique advancement in design.

Just my 2 cents

On the bright side, we already have ours so we won't have to worry about trying to find one when they become "rare" gems!

On the bright side, we already have ours so we won't have to worry about trying to find one when they become "rare" gems!

Yeah, I didn't know I was buying a classic. But really, I've always wanted one of these bike ever since the 70 degree came out. I just happened to be looking on the internet for a bike for a friend when I came across 570's on sale. They were cheaper than a '12 KTM and Beta so I jumped on it. I was going to wait till later - so glad I didn't now.

We'll have to take really good care of them now so when we're old men we can show them off at that fufu bike show in Half Moon Bay.

Edited by dlorenz
  • Like 1

Yeah, I didn't know I was buying a classic. But really, I've always wanted one of these bike ever since the 70 degree came out. I just happened to be looking on the internet for a bike for a friend when I came across 570's on sale. They were cheaper than a '12 KTM and Beta so I jumped on it. I was going to wait till later - so glad I didn't now.

We'll have to take really good care of them now so when we're old men we can show them off at that fufu bike show in Half Moon Bay.

Is that the same friend you sold the Husky 610 to? If so, nice way to come up with new bike funds and get your pal a "new to him" bike in the process! haha! :smirk:

For whatever reason that FE570 seems to be magic in the woods. I rode with a guy on one a cpl months ago and he was very fast and having a blast. He said the only negative was working on it, otherwise completely happy and had not encountered any of the latter model problems. At the blowout prices they may still be a good bet.

man i hope this doesn't happen,this is the cadillac of dirt bikes.I might have to sock a couple of them away.

I really hope this is not true , the 70' slant motor really makes this bike unique! Its the only reason i bought a Husaberg.

Husky34, those photos are a photoshop product. Nevertheless, everything is possible :smirk:

Edited by cienfu

^^^ Oh yes, without a doubt they are photoshops. Just some of the ramblings I have heard through other Berg forumns and the above seams more plausible that "killing" the entire 70 degree motor. I do think though that we may very well see a 250cc 4T from Berg.... At least I hope!

I have heard from the local dealers that the 2013 Berg 4T will remain exactly the same as the 2012. But only time will tell I guess.

That picture is a ktm 250 excf rebadged as a husaberg, The guy running it is sponsored by husaberg but runs the E1 class and ofc he get what he needs.

The husaberg concept will remain the same. Hopefully they will introduce a smaller bike like the 250 for 2013.

That picture is a ktm 250 excf rebadged as a husaberg, The guy running it is sponsored by husaberg but runs the E1 class and ofc he get what he needs.

The husaberg concept will remain the same. Hopefully they will introduce a smaller bike like the 250 for 2013.

Sweden, the nest of Husaberg. Do you have fresh news for us?. :bonk: Is a good idea that 250 4t, but, maybe, it would be better idea a 300 or 350 lighter than actuals, with a 70º cylinder. :smirk:

No news from Sweden...

The guy who has that blue 'n yellow KTM - well his dad is one fo the founders of Husaberg, so I guess that makes a bit more wortwhile to convert a KTM a bit more than just slapping on some stickers. For 2012 he is signed to the factory team so that will mean a "proper" berg...

A 70 degree 330 would be my dreambike, but the 390 is pretty close.

Over here most consider the 390 quite anemic. Unless something drastic done about the weight, I would expect a 330 to sell almost as well as used underware.

Over here most consider the 390 quite anemic. Unless something drastic is done about the weight, I would expect a 330 to sell almost as well as used underware.

Well used underwear is big business!

Different bikes for different riding - the 390 is very popular back home for enduro, where a 570 is a good bike for gravel, ice and desert riding.

As for the 330, yes weight has to be chopped. A 105 kg 330 with 70 degree engine would be something nothing short than awesome - for the type of riding I do.