Sign in to follow this  

Are CRF250R's as unreliable as I have experienced?

Well i may be getting a 06 CRF250R as a trade for my 04 CR250. I am just hesitant because i watched three of my friends crf 205's lock up in one summer, one guys bike TWICE. I have a friend who owns a 06 and told me to be weary as they have common valve problems etc. I highly maintain my bikes, i always change oil, and would be checking the valves very regularly. I do not race, nor ride tracks, mainly trails and a small flat track built on my friends property with small singles and kickers etc. I know im in a sea of crf owners, and i am not bashing the bikes as i love hondas, but do yall feel i would be getting a reliable bike? It has 15 hrs on new top end, valves, springs etc done by a professional shop and is in good shape. He is an older guy who rides trails but idk what the previous owner did. Should i be expecting high maintenance costs etc as i have a tight budget as is still being in school. do yall feel it is a good trade? I was looking into 450's but feel theyd be heavy and unmanageable on the trails. Any experience or information would be appreciated.

I change my oils/filter every 5 hours and air filter every 1-2 rides and I have never had any engine issues and my 07 has 135 hours and my 12 has 13 hours.

I've had my 2005 CRF250R for almost 2 seasons now, and i bounce that thing off the rev-limiter like im playing hand ball with it. Zero problems what so ever. Checked my valves today and all of them were within spec except for the right exhaust wich had too much clearance. Just keep up on maintenance and you'll be fine :smirk::bonk: