Sign in to follow this  

Remove auto decomp hotcams + kickstart?

Question for anyone with experience.

First off is the Hotcams auto decomp as proned to coming apart as the stock cam?

Second

Bike DRZ-SM

434cc Cylinder Works, Hotcams, single layer base gasket, 39mm FCR-MX, MRD/SSW, kickstart.

If I remove the auto decomp will this thing kick back like a mule when starting with the kickstart?

I have an older XR250 with a missing manual decomp and it likes to sprain ankles quite often. Am I getting myself into the same shit with the DRZ? Should I just leave the auto decomp in it if I like to kickstart the bike?

I do agree with you, there is a very good reason bikes have a decompressor. But I wonder how bad it really is to kick this monster over with out the decomp?

I went ahead and had my S head machined for manual decompression while eddie had it, and I asked him this exact question. I was instructed there was no reason to remove the hotcams auto decompression

I went ahead and had my S head machined for manual decompression while eddie had it, and I asked him this exact question. I was instructed there was no reason to remove the hotcams auto decompression

Right on. :smirk: Good to know, I guess Hotcams got the design right.