Sign in to follow this  

Connecticut Places to ride in or around Connecticut

Hey all, I need your help! I live in Connecticut and I'm just looking for some good trail riding. I'm aware of all the tracks in CT but I'm really looking for a laid back series of trails to ride. Has anyone found any good trails to ride? I'm aware that not all of them are legal. I would just like a place where I don't have to worry too much about getting caught, any ideas? Please help!!!

what part of CT? i'm in RI and i've ridden the pachaug forest over the line in ct. you really should have a street registered bike to ride around there, but it can be done without. many of the trails are connected with the street. it's the only real place i know of to ride that's pretty legal.

however, i'm also looking for new areas to ride around the area...

To ride the Pachaug loop, your bike has to be street registered and you are allowed to ride only the trails that are part of the loop.

All of the pretty-looking ones that seem smooth are most likely hiking trails, and it's a big no-no to ride on those and a black eye to all who want to ride the motorcycle loop for years to come without hassle.

You can get a route sheet for the Pachaug loop (AKA E8) by joining NETRA.

Edited by YZEtc