AMA D-37 gp's

I want to do the glen Helen one this year. If I commit to that will you do a desert race with me Chuck? :-)

Ghill, YouTube dirt diggers mc Taft gp....plenty of footage will come up. The only thing I don't like about GPs is the close racing...but that's because I'm not a moto guy lol

I'm heading up Saturday morning. My race is Sunday, but I might do the team race with a buddy. There's a few TT guys that are planning to race this weekend. We'll be pitted with the Hilltoppers, feel free to stop by.

Just FYI: the Big 6 is about the 6 clubs that started the Big 6 series, not about how many races there are.

I am thinking about entering. I have a buddy who everytime I go by his shop he keeps trying to convince me to enter the race. I have done a couple of Arena Cross practice nights but have never actually entered a race. I ride as much as I can and live 2 miles from the Honalulu Hills. I ride in those hills all the time but have never been on the track. I am thinking either begginer or novice class.

How much does it cost to enter? I think I have to join AMA and all that as well.

The GP series is a ton of fun. I highly recommend Dirt Diggers this weekend. Because of truck problems, I may have to miss this race, but I ain't giving up hope yet!

Don't be afraid of the moto sections. These races are set with very friendly tracks areas with virtually no gaps, just tabletops and at Taft, a giant step up if you want to try airing it out. If not, roll it!

Entering, yes, is not cheap. If you start with GPs (I did a few years back), everything else is cheaper. Plan on paying the following:

Gate fee ~$10/head

AMA card ~$39 (available online, good for one year from date of purchase)

D37 license ~$30 at the races (good for all D37 events for this calendar year)

race entry ~$50

transponder ~$30 (good for a very long time, this is my 5th year with mine)

Does it add up, hell yeah. Is it worth it, HELL YEAH. Enjoy yourself this round and plan on Glen Helen next month and you won't have to pay for AMA, D37 or the transponder.

With any luck, I hope to see you guys out there for the Vet and Youth Micro races.

Thought about it but I havent learned to turn the bike yet. Ill just stick to desert racing.

As soon as I started racing desert I forgot how to turn :bonk: . Then the next thing I learned was "holy sh*t, my bike does have a first gear and it's not low enough"

followed by..... "holy sh*t, my bike does have a 5th gear and its not fast enough!!!!"

followed by..... time to dropkick the moto bike and get me a KTM ?

• Like 1

And if I'm gonna spend all of this money to race....I wanna do 100 ass-kickin' miles :bonk:

- but I'm gonna give a gp a shot this year?

I share the same sentiments, however my reason for entering longer events is the anonymity of those. I can also make up any number of excuses for coming in last. Getting lapped by guys (and girls) does not give you that luxury ?

I'm back from taft. Had a blast. I did the unclassified race to learn the track. Then did race 3 (seniors). Mediocre start, as usual, But I had fun battling with the pack. Track got good and ruff, the offroad sections were fast and technical.

Great weekend in Taft. The track was great, Dirt Diggers had it together. Those of you who didn't go missed a good weekend. I was in race 10 (Sunday unclassified) and race 12 (Vets). You also missed the West Coast GP Series with Casseli and cast (sorry, can't remeber all) but Casseli was killing it! Watching the pros race the same track you're on is humbling.....

Vet race as well, great course. That was just a lot of fun. Typical poor result, typical giant smile on my face after Taft. My kid rode the Micro race and was really happy with it.

Yeah, Caselli walked away with it. A bunch of big hitters in the pro race. Caselli, Robby Bell, Timmy Weigand, Colton Udall, Gary Sutherlin, Jimmy Jarrett, et all.

lol the jumps are only big if you hit them fast. they were all safe no matter where you landed. Andrew what class do you race? vet/?

unless you race expert, chances are the majority of the class isnt hitting the big jumps.....

bhsdriller, It's funny you mention it being dry. The major complaint was "muddy"...... DD did a great job of watering the course. Almost too good.....

Andrew are you still interested in doing Glen Helen? Anyone else want to get their feet wet? Silentshok?