Sign in to follow this  

picking a bike for dunes

so i want a 250 2 stroke for dunes only. I dont need the most current. What would be a good age to get a paddle bike? when it comes to riding sand is the experience going to be the same with an 06 as a 01?

ill probably use the thing 5 weekends a year. Ideally i want an 06 yz.

There won'tbe a big difference in feel between a 01 and a 06. Dunes are alot of fun and suspension isn't of high importance. a 06 YZ would be a good bike and they are almost the same bike as the current, I think the last change came in 07.

so i want a 250 2 stroke for dunes only. I dont need the most current. What would be a good age to get a paddle bike? when it comes to riding sand is the experience going to be the same with an 06 as a 01?

ill probably use the thing 5 weekends a year. Ideally i want an 06 yz.

Lookin' for a Juniper bike eoyzf huh? You can find an 01 for 1200 to 1500 versus 2500 to 3000 is it worth it for 4 to 5 times a year? I don't think so. That being said, i am looking for an 06+ also, but i am going to thrash on it at Eddyville, starvation ridge and little naches as much as possible this year. I like my 500's in the dunes, though. The 01 will pretty much have the same power as the 06 of the same condition. Handling differences in the dunes would be minimal. Good luck. Edited by duner96

get on the net and order yourself one of the big monster maico mmx 700 or ATK intimidator 700. both 2 stroke. both have a chance of rippin your sack off when riding. it is my dream to one day own one or even to just ride one. :bonk:

braaaapppppp :lol: :lol: :smirk:

oh and theyre great in the dunes!

Lookin' for a Juniper bike eoyzf huh? You can find an 01 for 1200 to 1500 versus 2500 to 3000 is it worth it for 4 to 5 times a year? I don't think so. That being said, i am looking for an 06+ also, but i am going to thrash on it at Eddyville, starvation ridge and little naches as much as possible this year. I like my 500's in the dunes, though. The 01 will pretty much have the same power as the 06 of the same condition. Handling differences in the dunes would be minimal. Good luck.

funny you say Juniper I was just there today. Actually I want a bike mainly for Florence where my folks inherited an awesome home. If i were to go the 06+ route then I might be more likely to use it as a spare bike for other riding. honestly, the sound of a 500 scares me..

I might get a 01 era bike but just buying a bike for 5 times a year sounds crazy to me. This last year I only rode around 100+hrs on my 4 stroke and I would like to offset that some with another bike. I would like to ride more.

anyone wanna buy my wifes ttr? She wont know its gone.

I rode eddieville for the first time in November. Fun track(s)! I would like to do the 6hour but not sure i can fit it in.