Sign in to follow this  

KLX 110 marbles when kicked over, won't run

Hi Everyone,

We tore down my son's 110 yesterday after months of sitting,someone else rode the bike and admitted when it died that their pant leg had been stuck in the kickstart. Tore it down and can't see anything noticibly wrong, STUMPED.

Any help would be great, this kid races his YZ85 and we are getting sick of the wear and tear on the "race bike" we need our pit bike back!

Thanks and GO PATS

Laura

When you say tore down, exactly how far down it tore down? Would like to know what all you checked to keep from suggesting stuff that has already been tried.

Don't know how a pant leg stuck in a kickstart would do much to the motor. I've had the kickstart partially pushed down and heard the rattle of the kick start but nothing to cause a bike to stop running.

I would start with the basics starting with verifying spark and then verify if the plug is wet or dry. Something else may have happened and you may be distracted because they said their pant leg was on the kickstarter.

Follow the triangle- air/fuel/spark

Hope this helps, I'm crap at troubleshooting over the net. Better when tinkering in the garage with something...

Edited by elpato

thanks so much, I tore the kicker out, when the bike is cranked over, sounds like marbles somewhere deep in motor. I have to go out to shed and get the diagram of all I have done and will message you again, THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING!

starts, won't idle, sounds like marbles in the motor is the best I can do. I was hoping that the bearings were loose inside the kickstart, but to no avail. IDK what the deal is! I am stumped!

Broken output shaft? Common problem on the KLX.

Edited by PTECH

hi you all, is the output shaft easily fixed, and is the diagnosis marble sounds when fired over?

Would love to be able to answer that. I cannot at this point in time. Although I don't want to recommend running the bike, it would be helpful with maybe a youtube video so we can "sort of" hear what it sounds like. I will have to research more on the output shaft. Not a KX expert.

The output shaft is inside the case so splitting is necessary to diagnose. If you've inspected the clutch and everything is fine in there it sounds like you're bound to split the case. I have a PDF of the service manual if you need it.

Edited by PTECH

HI ALL,

SOMEONE WAS SO KIND TO SEND ME THE LINK TO THE MANUAL AND I LOST IT...CAN WHOMEVER SENT IT TO ME KINDLY SEND IT AGAIN.