Sign in to follow this  

KTMTalk website down?

Just wondering if I am the only one experiencing this?

I just know that those new ceramic muffler bearings I have been looking for are on the classifieds waiting for me......

Just wondering if I am the only one experiencing this?

I just know that those new ceramic muffler bearings I have been looking for are on the classifieds waiting for me......

Don't matter to me, I'm banned from there. turns out holding KTM Hutt responsible for ripping off their customers, not delivering product, then selling the place, emptying the cash register and walking out, leaving a bunch of guys cashless and partless - well turns out that wasn't nice to hurt the cyclehutt guys feelings, so I was told to stop - which I did, not another post, in the meantime sent a PM to a couple of buddies there - the admin guy read my PM's and shut me down. I wrote a very humble apology, never heard back from him, and I'm still banned! I wear it as a badge of honor!

Go over to KTM Talk, look at the KTM Hutt threads in dealer feedback and see if you think I was out of line!

Carl Johansson

Not hard to find my posts, i use my real name!

Dang Carl, that sucks you were banned from KTM Talk, great resource, you could always signup under a new name with some garbage mail account.

How on earth KTM Hutt is still operating is one heck of a mystery, they should be shut down and brought up on fraud charges at this point...

Don't matter to me, I'm banned from there. turns out holding KTM Hutt responsible for ripping off their customers, not delivering product, then selling the place, emptying the cash register and walking out, leaving a bunch of guys cashless and partless - well turns out that wasn't nice to hurt the cyclehutt guys feelings, so I was told to stop - which I did, not another post, in the meantime sent a PM to a couple of buddies there - the admin guy read my PM's and shut me down. I wrote a very humble apology, never heard back from him, and I'm still banned! I wear it as a badge of honor!

Go over to KTM Talk, look at the KTM Hutt threads in dealer feedback and see if you think I was out of line!

Carl Johansson

Not hard to find my posts, i use my real name!

Carl,

I am very familiar with your "work" over at KTMTalk :smirk: , in fact just yesterday I made a lengthy post in a forum right after you regarding my current experience with KTMcyclehutt. I do not feel your posts were out of line, a helpful warning for possible future victims if anything.......

Heres hoping my experience ends better and sooner than yours, maybe..... :lol:

Sorry to hear about how things worked out for ya over there, lots of knowledge. Lots of knowledge here though too :bonk:

I've been banned before too and I have no hard feelings and it is Pat's site afterall and he can run it any way he likes. I'm sure if you wanted to get back on, email Pat and have a conversation. Dependant upon how you come across, I'm sure he'll lift the ban hammer on you. if you never emailed him about the banning, it is possible that he forgot to lift the ban hammer. You have to really F up bad to get the perma ban.

never dealt with ktmhutt but did read a few things about them. wouldnt order a spark plug there after what i seen. appears you like ktmhutt as much as i like chip munn :smirk:

Edited by harryhandshake

Dude I've been shut down just trying to get an account set up over at KTMTalk. They won't take my hotmail or yahoo email and the only other thing I have is my work email and I can't use it for anything non biz related. I sent an email to the admins over a week ago explaining that I'm not a spammer or troll and asking if they'd let me set up an account . . . crickets. Anybody know the guys over there that can help me out? I have 2 KTMs and everybody refers me over there when I have a question and I can't seem to get in, I can't even view the links people post up without an account.

HELP!!!!

I'm on that perma ban list. After all I am Satan on the web. They hold a grudge for a very long time, life is way to short. Do not ever say anything negative about and ktmtalk sponsors or buddies or you will get banned.

Joe...........

• Like 1

This is why I dedicate time and effort growing this forum. I get crickets on many questions over there as well. I don't know why people refer folks there when the answers are many times here as well, and some of the same folks....

I avoid that site because of the way they run it, and the way they treat buyers that have problems with the sellers there

Yeah, I think of it as the KTM Nazi's. It is so regulated and not user friendly. you can only list two items in classifieds without being a "team ktmtalk memeber." And don't even mention the words bull and red together. And there are 800 subforums and you never know where to look, I could go on and on. I have been banned as well because I only have a yahoo account, but after several emails they were kind to let me in.

Yah the admin guy Pat, seems a bit - off? not sure how to describe it. But the best part for me was being banned for PM's to friends! Not for public posts, I got banned for PM's! I thought PM was private message, but apparently not, once Pat locked his radar on me, i immediately quit public posting on the issue, not a peep, told him I understood, and it was his website. Then 4 days later i sent pms to guys explaining why i was no longer posting on KTM Hutts rip off, and I was immediately banned. No notice, no email, no nothing - just access completely shut down. after 400 posts, not even a courtesy notice or warning. i sent a very appologetic email, asking for forgivness, and suggesting that maybe it could be a limited suspension, time limit, or no post etc, . Recieved absolutely no acknowledgement - not even a go to hell!

from my point of view seems kind of cowardly to hide behind the curtain and throw bombs, but from his point of view - i must have been a jerk.

No big deal, just wish he had the balls to notify me of his actions, and give me a reason or two, no such luck!

Carl "like always - my real name, I'm not hard to find, and I am accountable for my actions! Johansson

Carl Johansson

Dang Carl, sorry to hear that. How long ago did you email Pat?

Jan 14th Wade,

I sent the following email: (Including the fat fingured mistypes unfortunately!)

My name is carl Johansson, which is also my user name. I recently discovedc that my viewing and posting access has been suspended, I assume as a result of my cyclehutt posts. I immediately stopped posting on any of those threads as soon as you pmed me telling me enuf, and you were kind enough to respond to my questions with your reasons, and I accepted and understood your reasoning. however as far as i can determine, 3 or 4 days later my access was denied.

This is your forum, and a valuable resource to myself and all of the other members. I obviously stepped over the line, and you had every right to take whatever action you determined to be fair.

I would very much like to have my access returned , as i depend on members here to help me solve problems i come across, as well as meeting new rifding buddies. Is there a way I could be suspended for a set period of time, then allowed accesss again, or some sort of probation where I would be monitored.

Thank you for your time

regardless of what you deside, I have appreciated KTM Talk and depended on it for expertise I certainly do not have.

Did not get bounced back, so I assume it got through, and no response, nothing!

KTM talk is full of trail riders anyway. I find the info/data they have shares absolutely no relevance with anything I ride. Its super rare to hear anyone talk about motocross and even rarer to have someone talk about SX bikes. If you only visited KTMtalk, you would swear KTM only made like 5 SX bikes a year! LOL

Needless to say, I haven't been going in a while. The only GOOD thing is, there are a hand-full of pretty knowledgeable tech guys on the site who view it regularly, so if you have an "issue" it will get talked about.

The Management seems to be really full of themselves as well, they charge outrageous fee's for the "privilege" of being able to go into certain sections like the bike part out section and post. We're talking $200 bux! I mean seriously? Arn't forums suppose to be free or a small fee to get rid of the ads?

I was banned once from a Ducati forum that I spent 4 years on, had well over ten thousand posts. It sucks to get banned because some A-hole moderator doesn't agree with what you say.