Sign in to follow this  

DROID MOTOACTV posible perfect motocross training device?!?

ok i dont know much but i just read and saw some things about this new device the motoacvte, its for workout type things, its like a touch screen watch, music player, gps, and it links to ur droid phone... i dont even have a smart phone but i was thinnking about taking the leap. then i saw this motoacctv thing... wow... does anyone have this thing and can it track grp speed and lap times?! that would be CRAZY!!!!!!! iam super crazy intrested in this thing if anyone has one, or any info on it, let me know... iam going to the verison place after work to learn everything i can about this thing!!!

Seems fairly cool to use for a track...

When trail riding though, I just throw my smartphone in the pack after starting the "EveryTrail" app...It GPS tracks, allows you to add photos to waypoints, has distance/average speed, uploads online to share and review your rides, etc, etc...They also have other poeple online who share their trails (mostly hiking trails, but there's a few good OHV ones)...So for example I added to my favorites a users Glamis map with really well pinpointed waypoints of the entire Glamis area...No more getting lost in the dunes...

Seems fairly cool to use for a track...

When trail riding though, I just throw my smartphone in the pack after starting the "EveryTrail" app...It GPS tracks, allows you to add photos to waypoints, has distance/average speed, uploads online to share and review your rides, etc, etc...They also have other poeple online who share their trails (mostly hiking trails, but there's a few good OHV ones)...So for example I added to my favorites a users Glamis map with really well pinpointed waypoints of the entire Glamis area...No more getting lost in the dunes...

wow dude thats awesome... are there any smart phone apps like that for mx? like lap timer gps or something? lol, its funny cuz iam 24 and kinda a nerd about pc stuff yet iam really lacking on my cell phones.. i have an old touch screen its not smart, at all... lol, gonna have to get me a smart phone and some cool apps, i do some trail riding sometimes, but mostly tracks. the motoactv does seem really cool and would love to know more about how it would work with a track and track times. thta thing would be awesome for trail also... i read it has trail maping and stuff. would be so crazy to be riding a trail jammin some music, having ur whole route on gps, ur speed and path, then take a call... like yo.. what up, iam riding about to climb this hill... lol, man.. tech is getting so cool... :smirk:

i use an app called runtastic. it tracks everything like top speed.pause time. elevations. gps. average speed. gives a map. and can hook up a heart rate monitor to it. im not sure if can do a lap timer. im sure it could if you were looking at it and pressed a button but that is not really efficient for a mx track