Sign in to follow this  

94 Kx 250 Cylinder?

powervalve.jpg

Broken rt powervalve: Found a newer model valve and am modding to fit. (Thanks to input from TT members)

cap.jpg

New problem: Top pin from the rt powervalve is embedded into the cylinder. (Where the valve port is machined for the pin to fit). I can try to drill it out but am worried that the orfice is damaged as it appears this powervalve was broken and rumbling around in there for awhile.

In the event that this is not salvageable, What year cylinder heads will work on a 94 KX250? I just bought a boyesen rad valve for this bike and want to use it.

Not looking to spend a ton since this will just be a back up bike for my brother to use when we go out.

You can use any cylinder and head from 94-02 as long as you use the matching powervalve setup for the cylinder you are going to use.

Ed

That's how mine was broken too, not in half but the top was broke off. You can drill through the broke off piece with a smaller bit and maybe try using an easy out. There's space behind it. Just be careful, that aluminum is soft. When you put it back together, lube everything with some oil.

Will a 94 head mount up to a 99 cylinder?

I've got a 99 cylinder with Powervalves that I can pick up pretty cheap but it may not be all that cheap if I also have to pick up the head.