Sign in to follow this  

06 sxf 250 keeps stopping

when my bike has been running for a while i have problems with it cutting out at low revs, when i start it again it fires straight up but as soon as i touch the throttle it stops again, can any one tell me what the carb settings should be??

thanks

the carb is a Keihin FCR-MX 3925D

did it just start doing this? Check your pilot to make sure it isnt plugged. Does the bike run with the choke on? My 06 SXF I run a 40 to 42 pilot, JD red needle, JD float bowl with leak jet and IIRC a 160 or 162 main

have you also checked the fuel supply to make sure it isnt restricted or impeded?

yes it has just started to do this. The pilot is ok and the fuel supply has no blocks the bike does NOT run with the choke on

If all of the carb settings are good and no fuel issues, try looking at the ignition side. Plug caps for that year were known to fail and yo may be dealing with a weak spark.

When is the last time the valves were checked? Is starting still normal or does it start hard?

also, check you gas cap...my 06 cap wouldn't breate and cause my bike to die

2006's where plauged by the gas cap! Need to take the cap off & apart, if there is a black plastic ball bearing in there toss it!!

Make certain the cap can vent freely both in AND out! Some people add those little check valve things in the vent hose, that his a huge no no!

• Like 1