Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Indiana to colorado

Hey what up guys, i have a question. Ive always wanted to live in colorado and im a pretty dedicated rider, and wanted to see how the riding is out there, how you like it. What part of town would be a good place to go, skirts of Denver? I want to be able to pick up a good job. I just want to hear your opinions on colorado, how the trails are, the big open areas look fun as well. Any info you got id love to hear thanks, and hopefully with the year ill be living there!

I moved to Colorado after 35 years un Indiana in 1988.

Best lifestyle change I ever made.

Denver suburbs are probably best choice.

Denver is pretty spread out, so where you work will likely flavor where you live.

Pockets of tech jobs south and north of town, and a lot of services companies in downtown.

I live about 20 miles south of town and am a bit far from the better quality MX parks.

Two great MX facilities are north of town (VDR and IMI).

One is out west (Thunder Valley) where they hold the AMA national.

Lots of trails in national forest along Rampart Range - Trails runs south from SW of Denver to Colorado Springs.

Surprising part is riding is pretty much all year round, with the exception of right now. I have already removed 16+ inches of snow from my driveway - and another 8-10 is predicted. Actually this much snow is unusual, and only hits us every 3-5 years.

Cool man thaanks for the info. I can not wait till i get out there im stoked, hopefully within the next year or two ill be out there living the dream lol .. but looks like somewhere north or south of denver is good choice. probably drive out one weekend check the areas out before choosing a definite vocation. I cant wait for the riding there!

450Thumpin....here is someone who just moved from Indiana to Ft. Collins, CO (Northern Colorado). Perhaps he can provide some further insight for you about what to expect.

http://www.thumperta...e-fort-collins/

Thank you sir.. just read there thread. good stuff! cant wait to get out there

450Thumpin...great link provided by ramz (Rick Ramsey)... The guy knows the Colorado backcountry and bikes better than anyone here in Colorado. Check the advrider link he provided and check out all his stuff....just an incredible source of information and experience..

Ramz....thanks for all the help you provide to everyone.

450Thumpin. I am glad you are getting excited about Colorado, but as I mentioned in your other thread, would like to hear from you what type of employment you are looking for, your skills, etc, so you can use all this Colorado expertise available on TT to point you to certain places to consider starting your Colorado life journey.

450Thumpin...great link provided by ramz (Rick Ramsey)... The guy knows the Colorado backcountry and bikes better than anyone here in Colorado. Check the advrider link he provided and check out all his stuff....just an incredible source of information and experience..

Ramz....thanks for all the help you provide to everyone.

450Thumpin. I am glad you are getting excited about Colorado, but as I mentioned in your other thread, would like to hear from you what type of employment you are looking for, your skills, etc, so you can use all this Colorado expertise available on TT to point you to certain places to consider starting your Colorado life journey.

Thank you for all your help bub. and ill be looking for a job that i can be a mechanic turning wrenches or driving forklifts. Some sort of assembly but not in a line doing one thing all day. Seems how thats all im my resume ive had custome fabrication and assembly jobs. worked at advance auto parts no money to be made there lol. worked construction hated it. Just something that involves me using my hands really. My job experience is mostly vehicle maintanience, i was a installer for awhile for a company doing anything aftermarket for vehicles, lift kits, exhaust systems, camper shells, hitches, snow plows, fifth wheels, stereos you name it. Im a all around guy in good shape and fast learner. What part of colorado you think would b best for young man like me. Prob somewhere close to denver?? Thanks again for your time, this is all much needed info.

450Thumpin....somewhere closer to Denver would have more opportunity, but the tradeoff to living there is further away from the riding areas and big city prices. Just about anywhere would need mechanics (do you have specific certification). For smaller towns much closer to riding areas, you might look to see if they have mechanic work or even apprentice opportunities:

Couple of suggestions within small towns in the mountains and have riding areas close by:

Glenwood Springs (can be pricey due to Aspen being about 1 hour away

Steamboat Springs (very pricey due to ski resort)

Salida

Buena Vista

Leadville

Gunnison

Montrose

Kremmling

Craig

Grand Junction

Alamosa

Durango (can be pretty pricey)

some of these are very small towns and will have the normal small town tradeoffs but are close to riding areas. Other than ski resort towns, the nightlife and opportunity for dating/marriage material may be quite limited (espec for an outsider).

For Denver Metro area....Anything stretching from Denver to Ft Collins (Thornton, Lafayette, Longmont, Loveland, Windsor, Ft Collins) might be worth considering. From my time spent on FJ Cruiser and 4 Runner forums, you might check out ToyTeclifts. Besides the motorcycle riding we have lots of opportunities for 4 wheeling in Colorado.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/

Hopefully some other folks can chime in with some suggested places to check out or specific job opportunties to look into.

450Thumpin....somewhere closer to Denver would have more opportunity, but the tradeoff to living there is further away from the riding areas and big city prices. Just about anywhere would need mechanics (do you have specific certification). For smaller towns much closer to riding areas, you might look to see if they have mechanic work or even apprentice opportunities:

Couple of suggestions within small towns in the mountains and have riding areas close by:

Glenwood Springs (can be pricey due to Aspen being about 1 hour away

Steamboat Springs (very pricey due to ski resort)

Salida

Buena Vista

Leadville

Gunnison

Montrose

Kremmling

Craig

Grand Junction

Alamosa

Durango (can be pretty pricey)

some of these are very small towns and will have the normal small town tradeoffs but are close to riding areas. Other than ski resort towns, the nightlife and opportunity for dating/marriage material may be quite limited (espec for an outsider).

For Denver Metro area....Anything stretching from Denver to Ft Collins (Thornton, Lafayette, Longmont, Loveland, Windsor, Ft Collins) might be worth considering. From my time spent on FJ Cruiser and 4 Runner forums, you might check out ToyTeclifts. Besides the motorcycle riding we have lots of opportunities for 4 wheeling in Colorado.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/

Hopefully some other folks can chime in with some suggested places to check out or specific job opportunties to look into.

Thank you for your time bud in reply to my post.. great information that i will be using for sure! :smirk: