DRZ-400S to SICK-SM build

Got the rest of the red silicone vent hoses installed, did the initial 500mi service, installed engine ice and flushed the radiators of all previous coolant,installed the Profilter billet oil filter cover and the SDG step seat.

However, I didn't have enough time to get my LightSpeed carbon engine guards and skidplate back on before going out to dinner.

image.jpg

image1-1.jpg

image2-1.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

Tommorow I'll knock out the Pro-Taper Metal Mulisha 1-1/8 bars, Zeta Armor handguards, Zeta stem nut/cap, bar mirrors, grips, bar end sliders, key relocation,powdercoated cfc case savers, MSR +1 shifter and do the axle sliders.

Edited by atsownz

Well, made a little bit of progress to wrap up the weekend. I got the Pro-Taper bar adapters, Metal Mulisha bars, Zeta bar clamps, ignition key relocation and the left side Zeta armor hand guards with led turn signal protectors done. The right side Zeta hand guard was bent wrong at the factory not allowing it to be mounted flush with the bar end and thus pushing everything into mis-alignment. I ended up calling Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply, and he was more than accommodating by sending out a replacement today.

So once the replacement right hand guard arrives and I get some free time, I will wrap up the right side of the bars, install the stem nut/cap, re-bend the MSR shifter, CFC case guards, bar mirrors, and knock out the axle sliders.

Things definitely took longer than expected and put me behind due to parts not fitting etc. I plan on installing the Ebc 320mm rotor, Ebc mxs pads, and Hel stainless lines once i get my wheels from Rad Mfg. That way I can knock it out all at the same time. I will be ordering a MRD/SSW exhaust shortly along with a couple of other small things , getting a few more parts powder coated, and figuring out a graphics setup.

Stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for updates when parts arrive and some more install time! I've attached some pics of the progress made today. Disregard the loose wires, as I didn't see the need in zip-tying everything together until I receive the replacement right hand guard and finish up the whole install. :bonk:

image-1.jpg

image2-2.jpg

image1-2.jpg

image3-1.jpg

Edited by atsownz

Update!!!

Just got off the phone with Dave at MRD Racing and placed an order for a 12" shorty SSW pipe with a carbon fiber endcap. I plan on giving Eddie a call on the first of the month an placing an order for a FCR 39mm carb kit.

Stay tuned! :bonk:

Edited by atsownz

good stuff

im in progress of a similar supermoto build

bike was a 2000 drz400s so it was blue and white oem i road dirt only for 2 years thats why it so dirty compaired to your pics

paited and powder coated tank and rims and hub and decal kit from AMRracing.com

it has so far a 434 bigbore kit ,3x3 air box mod, 25pilot jet 142.5 main extended fuel screw on stock carb. might get FCR carb but its pricey, im gonna order the MRD/SSW exhust asap then hotcams, etc

im gonna put $$ into performance and hp to unlock drz400s full potenial before i put money into accesoriess

IMG_1195.jpgIMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1189.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1208.jpgif u noticed my rad is bent way outa shape...bike sliped off stand and hit it, brand new rad too

but if your like me and tried to hill climb and ride dirt drz400 wieghts 313lbs dry its a heavy machines for my likeing so im converting to street.and get a dirt bike. i might sell this when im done and get a KTM 530 its 247lbs dry plus

Looks like its going to be sweet !!!!!!!!! i got 2 questions for you how do you like that seat is it same hight as stock? And what knid of rear turn signals are those? They look good that is what I need......

Thanks! I love the seat! The part that is "grooved" where you sit while riding is the same height as stock, and the rear portion is obvious a tad bit higher due to the step up. The seat really keeps you locked in while riding hard and gives a little bit of rider security by holding you in place. The turn signals are the "601" style in smoke, and I got them and the seat from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Any pics with installed mirrors. I'm just missing the mirrors and I'm good to go. Still undecided between you bought or the CRGs.

I haven't had a chance to get them mounted, as I'm still trying to figure where on the bar I'm going to run them. But you can't go wrong with the ones I bought. Excellent quality and a great price.