Sign in to follow this  

KTM PDS6 SBW#6/265

Hey Im looking to get my suspension revalved on my 09 SX 250, currently has Mx- Tech set up with the forks Spring rate of 4.6N/mm, and PDS rate ( PDS6 #6/265 , is printed on the spring). Is there anywhere i can find out wht teh rate of the PDS6 is??? because with my weight set up i beleive i need new springs.....

I weight about 170 lbs without gear and race B class. Any thoughts?? and also talked to local shop in New Jersey, Cycle Pro Racing and most likely will have him do the revalve for me.. should be cheaper than local RG3 since im hurting a little bit in wallet just like everyone else.......

your sag readings will

tell you if you are close to the desired weight for the spring

Mx-tech specializes in KTM linkless shocks. They even designed and made a new needle for those shocks. Rg3 is good with the Japanese bikes and are now getting into ktms with linkages. I would stay with MX-Tech with that bike.

That spring is probally too stiff for you. A 200-215 rider I believe. Its a progressive spring too. Not a straight rate.

I would call Jeremy Wilkey at MX-tech and ask him what springs to use. He sells them too. I would try the bike with the correct springs for your weight, and use clicker adjustments before considering revalving.

Hope it works out for you

I am 5'11/ 170 Vet A & used the pds6 for many different 250sx ktm's ( 03' - 10' )

most w/ Mx-tech set-ups

shock worked well for me with static sag of 43mm

I always used static as a reference for where it worked good for me .

The workable range should be approx. 105 - 115 with the rider on board

pds5 was recomended but pds6 worked for me

I think how tall a rider is has an additional influence on spring selection , taller guy has a harder time getting wt. forward on the tank when sitting in turns so perhaps he would need a stiffer spring in back to get front traction needed

Also finding the correct pre-load can take time to hit the sweet spot ..which on the pds is critical for best handling performance IMO

Edited by 2mark

Like they said above, Id go with MX-Tech.

-They know KTM WP Suspension very very very well

-Sounds like you need lighter springs

-It is has already been revalved, so I bet if you sent in your suspension for a basic service they could alter the valving if need be.

To have the people that originally revalved the suspension adjust it for you is typically the best route. And in this case would prolly save you money to. Thats a win win.