Sign in to follow this  

Drz dies when you give it throttle

Hi guys,

Have a problem. Was on the freeway going about 80 when I felt the bike stumble, I quickly pulled over to the right but there was no shoulder. I was able to coast and thought I had run out of gas so I switch my petcock to res and and gave it throttle, but no go it would die. I pulled the chock thinking I had just ran out of fuel in the line and gave it gas but still no go. Was able to keep it running and moving me at 15mph till I exited the freeway (a really nice woman stayed behind me with her hazards on so I wouldn't get run over). Pulled into a gas station and put gas but I noticed I wasn't empty.

So got the bike towed home, pulled the carb thinking maybe one of the jets was clogged. But It wasn't that dirty. Cleaned the jets and reassambled the carb. Put the carb on and fired up the bike but still no go. It will run with or without the choke (higher idle), but when you touch the throttle it dies.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on?

bike this fcr carb, which has been on for the last almost 2000 miles

636724ee.jpg

and yosh ti pipe.

The bike has less than 2500miles, was running great prior to this and has never had a problem. Thanks for the help

:smirk:

well I found the problem

a255d857.jpg

Why would the needle break? Just wear and tear? also what needle should I get?

Thanks

Get an EMN needle....clip 3 for near sea level...

Judging from blurred picture that is the stock needle .What is stamped on the needle?

It is rare, but if they are going to break,it will be in the clip area...

Edited by craigodrz400sm

well I found the problem

a255d857.jpg

Why would the needle break? Just wear and tear? also what needle should I get?

Thanks

Can't say I have seen that before.

have seen the clip break on one once. Pulled off bottom cap to pull the jet and needle fell out with it.