Sign in to follow this  

2008 RMZ250 oil passage?

I am doing the final assembly on our 250 and I am not able to get any oil up through the small passage that is inside the case, that I believe squirts oil up under the wrist pin/rod area. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

Why are you trying to do that? Haven't heard of it and don't know what you are talking about. The only thing I can think of is the passage that has the little plastic reed petal on it. But why would you try to put oil up through there?

When the cylinder is off you can look down in the case, on the brake side, you can see a small angled "ledge" that has a small hole in it. They friend that I bought this bike from said that it's an oil passage that pushes oil up under the piston to lube the wrist pin/ rod bearing. I'm not trying to MOD anything, I'm trying to make sure that the engine is properly lubricating.

If you Don't know about this, you might wanna find out too. Search "broken rods" on here and there are several that have had their rod's break right below the wrist pin. MAYBE because they weren't getting properly lubed?? I honestly don't know. That's why I'm trying to find out so maybe we can avoid the issue.

Alright got the hole confused with another one, but here is a picture anyways for reference. It definitely does look like a hole for oil but I don't know how you would check it because in order for it to pull oil up it probably requires the oil pump to be running at operating speeds. But to make sure it's not clogged run some safety wire through it or something.

op4m5v.jpg

Edited by Tha Breeze

Thanks for the input. :smirk: That is for sure the one I was talking about. I kicked the bike over several times with the cylinder on it and noticed a Slight bit of oil there.. I think since it's so small that you are right. Normal operating RPM's are probably neccessary for proper oil flow.

Thanks again for your help.