Sign in to follow this  

HELP! XR 650R lights not working

Hey everyone, so it was a balmy day here in alaska and i was tired of sitting inside so i kicked over the xr650 r and was gonna go for a spin, everything runs right and i noticed i have non of my lights,signals,horn working...i checked the fuse, the battery under the seat is charging but nothing is working ive tightened connections and im thinking its the switch. any input? its a baja designs kit

anybody out there to help me? i ordered a new switch (not baja designs) because im not going to pay 70$ + for the switch. its basically the same thing but the sun is shining yet again and i cant go ride :smirk: before more snow hits the ground

you got a multimeter ??

check earths .....

bypas switch with direct pwr then you will know if the switch is fulty

i have never seen nor used a baja ds kit ..but thats where i would start

alright so it was the BD switch that went bad. The metal connection for the slide switch fell off. I went and ordered a Tusk enduro swtich (a little different but a hell of alot cheaper) and i plan to splice it into the plug from the baja desings switch. I just cant get anything to work and atfirst i figured the switch should hav ea ground but its just an inline switch on the hot. So im gonna chase and find some grounds. I just dont feel like doing it while its snowing so ill bring it in the shop on friday and hopfully have my lights back