Sign in to follow this  

powder coating triples?

i just recently updated the front of my '08 250xc with the newer model forks. I absolutely hate how it looks with the billet clamps that are on my bike. so my question is how well will powdercoat last on the triple clamps. i do race harescrambles so i do see trees, limbs, and all that good stuff that can potentially chip the pc. im going for the look of the '09s which are black. the seasons commin up and i dont want to spend money on things that arent a must such as this, but pc isnt that high. i originally was going to purchase the '09 triples but they are every bit of 200+, and as i want a fresh front sprocket and a new tire for the season i realy dont feel like dumping 200+ into something that is just going to be a visual update. so thoughts on powdercoating triples please?

thanks

Powder coating is pretty durable. Just remember to mark off what you don't want powder coated such as the insides on the clamps. Have you looked into anodizing as a option?

Also powder coating should not cost you $200 bucks, maybe $50-100.

Edit: sorry I thought you were talking $200 for powder coating, I see that you meant for new triple clamps.

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

yea i realize that pc would be a way cheaper route, my question is could they be powdercoated to look almost the same at the '09 clamps?

and how much is anodizing? if i went that route id be putting some orange bling on, just dont want orange pc unless i do the frame one day

Google pwdrct and anodizers in your area and call. They should be able to get you very close on the black.