Sign in to follow this  

01 kx250 rebuild/ restoration

So i bought the bike about a month ago now heres some pics to go along with what ive been doin.. I have been buying parts on and along as i can afford them thanks to everyone who has helped

yea certainly a project an paid a lil too much for it and certainly wasnt anticipating some of the really random things that were broke and rigged but i wanted it im pretty sure the kid who had it before me just burned up the dirt roads.. whoever rebuilt it last dropped a dowel pin in there and it got lodged between the bottom of the piston and the bottom end and screwed the cases up... good thing i could weld those gashes up

Good project. Looks like you need a left foot peg too. You should have found a 94-98 1'st gear to put in it while it was apart, no real biggey but makes a nice change.

Ed

A word of advice and don't take it to be critizing but you should disassemble and reassemble one thing at a time.

Also before disassemble.....power wash the parts. Keep us posted how it all goes back together.

hope so as of right now i have about 1400$ in it altogether and will probably be at around 1600 when i finish, i cranked it for the first time today and hoping to finally get to ride it but i found a pretty bad oil leak on the clutch side of the case near the foot peg so ill pull that side of the case off and add some silocone gasket to it. then i realized out of all things i lost my rear axle nut.