Sign in to follow this  

Need '82 XT250 tail light

G'day Everyone, I'm resurecting my Dads old XT250 he bought new in '82, and for the life of me, can't find an original complete taillight for it to finish the job and get it re-registered.

Between me and two brothers the bike got a fair hammering pretty much from Day 1. Then it broke, and sat in the shed for 10 years and then under a tree for the next eight. Now I'm bringing it back to life.

Does anyone have a spare taillight in reasonable condition they want to sell, or a shop you know still stocks them ?

Even a specific Aftermarket one that looks good, fits and works ?

I want the original one for preference, as it includes the numberplate holder as well.

Restoring older bikes in Australia seems to mean you have to buy a lot of your parts from overseas.

Thanks.

Edited by Scourge146

I thought maybe that was the case . I've had to 'search' for months for the parts I wanted / needed to build my XT350 .

Patience ... :bonk:

The searchtempest.com link I gave you is a pretty powerful engine . I use it to scoure the whole country for what I'm looking for . It can search the USA , Canada and Mexico all at the same time . Being as you're an NZer , Just put in a zip code from Los Angles : 90001 .

Good Luck . :smirk: