Sign in to follow this  

xr250r or 400r? looking to get back into riding

hi all i would love some help on this, i am 16, 6' and about 220 pounds, im from australia and i havent rode for about 4 years and am looking to get back into it, so would the xr250 or 400 fit me better? i want a bike that im not afraid to drop and be able to register it in about a year when i am eligible to get my motorbike licence. really having a hard time deciding

I'd say at your height and size to look for a 400. Unless all you ride is 1st & 2nd gear trails the 400 will fit better.

its 16 and 9 months here in new south wales and then you get your ps at 17, i guess im just a little worried the 400 will be to much power for me ? and ill be doing alot of all sorts of trail riding, so is the xr400 a good all rounder?

Edited by ryanjon7

The 400 is lams aproved and at 6' it's be OK. If you really wanted a lighter bike go for the 250. The 400 has power but you do get used to it and will find with the right gearing you can do most things. Get a few front cogs and a small tool kit, highway gears for the blacktop and then small for the roost. It'll go anywhere a newer bike will go and don't have to worry about a busted radiator.