Sign in to follow this  

I need some help on improving my balance

I had knee sugery about 9 months ago and since then i have noticed my balance sucks. I have been on quads for 6 years now, but I want to start riding dirtbikes. Any imput would be great.

Yoga, seriously it helps!

Find a class/dvd/youtube demo where you do standing and balancing poses.

Thera band work outs, the standing leg work and plank shoulder/core work will have you hopping, tipping and swearing until your balance improves. Google theraband workouts. Oh lots oh youtube vids too. Id order the black ones they have more resistance. Its not cool when a less strong band snaps and smacks ya in the face,

M

Edited by Michatrapeze

Exercise balls as well as the Bosu are great balance builders too!

We do a lot of work on the exercise balls (65 cm). Start easy and try to balance on the ball with knees and hands, then try to balance only with your knees. Then the ultimate it to try and stand on the ball! Slowly progress, but with fine you will get it!

Also, walking or running down a long power pole or 4x4 helps too.

Wish you the best of luck, let us know if you need any extra help and how things are going!

Talk to you soon,

Might sound silly but I bought "Motostick" pogo sticks for my son and I. Along with balance training they are a great cardio builder . . .

www.motostik.com

Lots of fun and not as easy as it looks!

That is great for balance I agree!

Try standing on a 6cm Workout ball and that is a great balance exercise too!

I had knee sugery about 9 months ago and since then i have noticed my balance sucks. I have been on quads for 6 years now, but I want to start riding dirtbikes. Any imput would be great.

SLACK-LINE, BICYCLE, UNICYCLE, PAR-KOUR, BICYCLE some more on ROLLERS! Some of the BEST training you can get is on ROLLERS, this is because YOU are in charge of how fast your wheels are spinning... and the ONLY thing keeping you up-right is your wheel speed. This trains you in the OH-SO important, "When in doubt, HIT THE GAS!" This is counter intuitive and needs to be trained out of your mindset. The faster you go the more the bike will do for it's self. This does NOT mean to go grab a big hand full of whiskey throttle, it means steady throttle control. Smooth AND steady!

That is great for balance I agree!

Try standing on a 6cm Workout ball and that is a great balance exercise too!

I've seen your videos and have tried the movements kneeling on the ball, TOUGH! Havent made it to standing yet - Much respect!! . . . . I've also done quite a few of your core training excercises, great stuff! Thanks for your contributions.

Awesome! Glad you enjoy the videos. We do a lot of our workouts on the exercise ball and I messed up it is a 65cm ball!

Keep working at it and you will get it! It's all about muscle memory!

Have a great weekend, talk to you soon!