Sign in to follow this  

Anyone need new gear?

I was in need of some new gear and say an add in the back of a magazine for this company. I figure I would try them out since I havent been real happy with the way my axo gear fit. Well I got my stuff a few days ago and am impressed with it. It all fits way better than my old axo gear and the pants are actually long enough, all the gear I have tried in the past few years has been way to short on the pants legs abd the sleeves have been too short. If you need some new gear I would give them a look,

http://ridechill.com/

Well Any more every one seems to want to make all their gear white and it looks beat in a few rides. or they have way to much going on in their designs. I like this because its basic and not white. Some people will like it and some wont.

thats kinda cool, I like those mom and pop brands like that. The gear is more interesting especially if its comfortable and looks cool and different

kind of expensive dont you think? I bought my one industries gear in white for less than a hundered bucks and its held up perfect

Same thought as you. I am not a fan of all the neon colors that gear is now (already went through that in the 90's, anyone remember hypercolor? Or the neon clothing people used to wear?). What a brand needs to do is make some good color combinations, and not charge 150 dollars for a pair of pants that cost them 5 friggen dollars to make in china/taiwan. I guess that is why I constantly wear gear that is 3 years old when I purchase it new....

Entirely to expensive and pants dont look like of very good quality if you work for them tell them until they actually get a name they cant charge like they are a brand name.. and just like was said above i bought my entire setup including gloves for under 100$ and its One Ind Hart and Hunnington and the gear i dad before that was answer and was 79.99 for the package deal

Edited by Ridewhenithurts

Too expensive when your on a budget like me. Stuff looks pretty sweet though.

Entirely to expensive and pants dont look like of very good quality if you work for them tell them until they actually get a name they cant charge like they are a brand name.. and just like was said above i bought my entire setup including gloves for under 100$ and its One Ind Hart and Hunnington and the gear i dad before that was answer and was 79.99 for the package deal

The stuff is way higher quality than any of the one industries stuff I have seen or used. They have the 2011 stuff on sale for fairly cheap if you want the cheaper stuff. I dont work for them I just wanted to get them a little advertising since im happy with their stuff.

I sent Dustin at CHill a link to this topic and this is what He sent me back.

"Ill take a moment to address you on some of the comments I have read. you can quote it from CHILL if would would like.

We use consensious of as many riders as we can to create the best gear we can. No gear can be liked by every single person, but we do our best to make a gear for everyone. Being a smaller company we do not have the luxury of putting out several styles and types of gear. I will agree that gear can be expensive, but the costs of any gear is directly related to the costs that it cost to produce and ship. This is also why we offer as many sponsorships and support rides to riders who support CHILL. I read one that said, "the cost 5 friggin dollars to make" this could not be further from the truth. The textile market is changing just like every other market it, we tried our hardes to continue to offer a quality product while still mainaining reasonable prices, again, we cannot change what we have no control over. You will see other brands with very cheap prices, it is because it is very cheap gear. You will notice as soon as you put on our jersey how comfortable and fit/breathable it is, not the scratchy, I just put on a jersey I have been sweating in for 3 days feel as other jerseys we feel. We pride ourselves on offering the best product we can, and appeal to as many riders as we can, and help as many riders as we can. We hope you like it!"

Edited by nickmell

Good on your for trying to help out a small company. If I hadn't already blown my wad on 2012 gear already, I would give them a shot.

Hopefully they make it and we see them in shops. I'd like to try some on.

Just to be clear the 2011 IMHO isnt of very good quality i would burn a hole/ rip the pants in the inner knee section in probably 2 rides.. Good for you for your support but not sure what is not of good quality of most gear.. Some gear fits big some fits small and some is true to size just like any other piece of clothing or shoes. as long as the seams hold up the zipper/ clasp or buckle is good and the pants are made durable then there should be no issue.. if he can support a rider then just like any other business man HE WILL NOT LOSE MONEY on the deal so as an emerging business he can probably go a little cheaper( it might convince some people to buy it). for 150$ i can buy the newest top of the line from any brand.

Well for a little update, I have raced in this gear all year and am really impressed, It is still the most comfortable gear I have worn and is holing up gear, the ratchet and zippers still work perfect and it doesn't stain up even when I forgot to wash it for a few days. I will be buying their 2013 stuff when it comes out. And I can say I never saw anyone else with it all season so y.ou stand out

That stuff looks like the 80's puked all over it. I'll stick to Klim, so I don't look like a gay rodeo clown.

That stuff looks like the 80's puked all over it. I'll stick to Klim, so I don't look like a gay rodeo clown.
your right, solid grey and black is where its at.

your right, solid grey and black is where its at.

You can have bright colors, and look as Katy Perry as you want, Answer and other companies make lots of flashy colors...that's cool, but that company's stuff looks incredibly cheezy. It looks home made, like a kid with a garage band named Chill made himself a stage outfit.

I think most companys start out that way, The original moose stuff was like that also. It does look alot better in person.

umm alias gear is where its at..nuf said sorry to rain on your parade. 130$ for this high end stuff, and its all true fit..