Sign in to follow this  

Riding training

I have taken up riding late (mid 20s) and have been riding bush tracks for at least twice a week for 2 hours for at least 8 months and am not at a level that can keep up with my mates. I go hard and fall, always trying to improve.

Have any of you done off road riding training? Was it worth it?

I've never attended one, but I'm sure it will make you a better rider and help you learn some techniques helpful on the trails. You could probably figure out these techniques eventually on your own it might take awhile though. Watch what your buddies do and try to copy them. You've only been riding for 8 months so your pretty new to it. At least your getting out often, that will definitely help you, taking a course of some sort won't help you if you don't use what you learned. Since you ride so often that wouldn't be a problem.

things should start clicking for you pretty soon. if your falling, and falling often at that then your pushing yourself, which is good. its really all seat time, the more you ride the more you gain in skills.

There are basics which can help you. I know MX has lots of videos, not sure about trails. I've had a couple of lessons and they have been helpful, especially if I drill on what I am taught. All MX though.

What do you mean by "training"?

Are you learning how to ride properly?

Are you a good enough rider but out of shape and you get tired?

Does it have to do with technique?

What obstacles are you struggling with, logs, water crossings, jumps?

One thing to make sure of is to practice perfect, be in good shape by working out in the gym and ride the home to be better each day you ride.

If you are looking for proper instruction, I have riding class's with small groups that allow me to have quality time with each student to help them overcome their weak areas.

My 3 day schools cover everything from the basics to the most advanced techniques. Check out www.rainesracing.com for all the details of the class and what we cover.

Have a great day, talk to you soon!

• Like 1

I'm no athlete. But im training 7 times a week cardio and strength, as well as my few of rides a week Im improving.

I am talking techniques and the like.

Thanks for your responses!

Jason it sounds like you are offering the service I require, however Im half a world away so I cant make it for training. Thanks.

Jason it sounds like you are offering the service I require, however Im half a world away so I cant make it for training. Thanks.

You should be able to find a local that gives lessons. Lots of fast guys, but few can teach or relay to others how to do something. A good instructor can make a world of difference in your riding.