Sign in to follow this  

kx 450 f gas mileage?

first thing thanks to everyone that gave me info over the last two weeks with a top end rebuild.finally i got a manual for this bike.the bike is alittle hard to start it takes three or four kicks might be normal, imay ride it a little more and recheck vavle clearance.i ride a wr 250 f a03 i can kick start with my hand usualy first kick.maybe i got spoiled.the only other problem is when i ride it the front wheel does not want to stay on the ground. but the question is what is the average gas mileage on this bike ? i do hare scambles i know a bigger tank would be the best for it, but just might race it once in awhile.i would still race my wr mostly.

i normaly get around 90 km's (55ish miles) from the stock tank on my 09, mostly single track and flowing atv width.

I have 09' kx450f, ported and polished, other than stock piston and rings, fmf pipe. I ride in the woods I go about 47 miles on tank of fuel. Thats to M/T. I ride with 5 to 10 other riders and thats what they clock me at. Non-aggressive riding but some time hittin to speeds. I run sunoco racing fuel