Sign in to follow this  

Better off-road tire for XT250

My wife's XT250 is really a handful in the wet on hard-packed dirt or mud. The TrailWing is more of a street-oriented tire that does fine on gravel & loose, dry surfaces but the bike is sliding all over the place when it gets wet. It's basically unsafe for her skill level and prevented her going off on some trails with my daughter and I yesterday (who were both on 'dirt bikes').

So I thought choosing a replacement would be simple but I'm overwhelmed by avaialble options!!

Just want a good offroad tire that will provide similar grip to our dirt bikes in varied conditions. Hard packed dirt trails dry or wet, gravel, rock, occasional mud puddles. Asphalt will be rare..

Suggestions?

..a

Found a pic of my daughter's TTR on the truck with the XT - look at the difference in tread!

69fa2b06.jpg

I have a Dunlop D606 on the front of my XT225 and a Kenda Trackmaster 760 on the rear. Both are DOT approved and work well as a combination on or off road. Also, check Pirelli MT21. Kendas are inexpensive. I assume you still want DOT approved tires.

Actually, don't need to be DOT. It has a tag "just in case" but it's my wife's dirt bike, and she'll never take it on the road.

..a

I'm running Shinko 244s front and rear on my XT350 . The ONLY thing they have trouble with is barkless wet logs .

main_01.jpg