Sign in to follow this  

Vavle sticking?

I started up the Z and after it shuts off i hear like a whooping noise from the engine,im thinking its because it sat around for a long time theres fresh oil in there with stabilizer any ideas what it might be?

Also there is a hole on the shifter side of the engine that was puffing out smoke is that normal?Its about the size on a pen if you pointed it at the engine.Thanks.

I started up the Z and after it shuts off i hear like a whooping noise from the engine,im thinking its because it sat around for a long time theres fresh oil in there with stabilizer any ideas what it might be?

Also there is a hole on the shifter side of the engine that was puffing out smoke is that normal?Its about the size on a pen if you pointed it at the engine.Thanks.

The hole, left side, 2/3 down the side of the head?

If so that is the spark plug well drain hole.. Anything coming out that hole like oil or "puffing out smoke" is caused by an incorrectly fitt4ed valve cover gasket. Remove cover refit rubber gasket.

Sorry your description “whooping noise” does not point me in a particular direction. Take a good video with sound, or good sound bite and let us hear…