Sign in to follow this  

RSW triple / bar set-ups

I'm 6' ft tall and considering the RSW triple for my '04 XR250R. I will be riding mostly the typical Northern-Central California stuff: desert and forest.

Who else is riding the RSWs, what's your height and handlebar/riser?

Did you go with a tall seat foam to match?

thanks everyone.

I'm also 6' ft, having the 3" risers in the most forward position, with Protaper CR High. Standing it's perfect for me, sitting a taller seat would be a bit better, but it would make pedaling through the nasty stuff even more challenging. I would now go with the 2" risers for the CR High bars.

Now I'm installing CRF forks, so the RSW top clamp is useless, but I'm reusing the RSW risers with the CRF top clamp.

Thanks Wallander (great shows by the way).

I am thinking about Carmichael High Renthal Fats and 2" rise.

Edited by rpet

I run 3" risers with stock (don't laugh) bars still. Will be getting 2" risers in the spring. 3" ones are just a touch to tall for me. Once I get the 2" units, I'm switching to 1 1/8" Burleson bend bars.

RSW clamps are good but after using them, I think the 3" risers are just to much. 2" or a custom made set a little lower would be perfect IMO. Very good units though, especially for the price.

Don't forget you can machine down the 3" to 2" later on, but you can't do the other way that easily :smirk:

For my CRF USD conversion I'm now taking 1" off them (the thicker CRF top clamp also gives a rise).